Complaint Review: Circuit City

• Submitted: Sun, December 28, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 29, 2008

• Reported By:Charleston West Virginia
Circuit City
39 RHL Blvd Charleston, West Virginia U.S.A.

Circuit City, Circuit City False Advertising Charleston West Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: Contact me for assistance - help4u@circuitcity.com

This week's ad clearly states that all Home Audio Speakers "Except Bose" are on sale. Yet this is not true. I went to the store today to purchase a Sony Subwoofer that is a home audio speaker and was told that it was not on sale. I spoke to the store manager who informed me that they have coded subwoofers as not being home audio and therefore they do not qualify. There are car audio subwoofer speakers and there are home audio subwoofer speakers. The Sony SAW-2500 is a home audio subwoofer speaker. This was just a trick to get the customer into the store and Circuit City should be ashamed of these practices especially when they need customers. I am done with CC.

Davem
Charleston, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2008 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City/Charleston-West-Virginia/Circuit-City-Circuit-City-False-Advertising-Charleston-West-Virginia-405570. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City

Contact me for assistance - help4u@circuitcity.com

AUTHOR: Help4u@circuitcity.com - (U.S.A.)

I am sorry for the confusion regarding our recent ad. If you would like to purchase the SAW2500 through circuitcity.com I could provide you with a $20 price adjustment. In order to take us up on the offer you would need to order the subwoofer through our website (for shipping or store pickup) and email the order number to help4u@circuitcity.com. Once we receive the order number we will refund the $20 back to your credit card making the price of the speaker $99.99. Please feel free to email me if you have any further questions.