Complaint Review: Circuit City

• Reported By:
Circuit City
Christiana, Delaware U.S.A.

Circuit City strikes AGAIN

My father purchased a Diamond Rio MP3 player for me, as a Christmas present at a Circuit City in Maine. But I live in Maryland, and I decided to return the MP3 player so I could order a better model elsewhere.
I went to the Circuit City location in Christiana, DE. The service desk was rude and totally unwilling to help me out. See, they have a specific return policy on electronics, that they have to be returned within 7 days. However, the gift had been bought a few weeks ago. That circumstance was totally beyond my control, and I figured it would not be a problem.
Even though I had the receipt with me, the manager would NOT let me return the player. They wouldn't even let me exchange it for another (more expensive) model in their store, for which I would gladly pay the difference! The manager went on to say that if I had a problem with it, I had to take it up with the Circuit City in Maine where it was purchased. I was LIVID. I mean really - have you ever heard of a major national chain that won't let you return OR exchange at different locations?
It was as if the manager had NO concept of gifts, and that people who receive gifts may not necessarily live near the original point of purchase, and that someone could buy a gift months before it is given to you. EVERY national store I have ever dealt with gladly lets you make returns to ANY of their locations provided you have a receipt.
So I have since boycotted Circuit Sh*tty with a passion, and STRONGLY urge people out there to do the same. This is not the first bad experience I have had with them, just the first one bad enough to report. Just look at this forum! A casual glance over its topics yields 3 or 4 Circuit City reports - more than any other business I've seen. In short, Circuit City SUCKS and makes me SICK. Go to Hell Circuit City.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City/Christiana-Delaware/Circuit-City-strikes-AGAIN-2641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City