Complaint Review: Circuit City

• Submitted: Sun, November 23, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, December 14, 2008

• Reported By:hampton Tennessee
Circuit City
curcitcity.com Johnson City, Tennessee U.S.A.

Circuit City my new laptop locked up, getting worse each time. curcitcity wont honor warranty, treated badly by manager. Johnson City Tennessee

*UPDATE Employee: you have a 1 year warranty through toshiba... not circuit city

*UPDATE Employee: Contact me for assistance

hi. i purchased a toshiba laptop at curcit city aug.24 2008.i paid them to install all the fire dog protection.and was told if i had any problems to come back,i had a one year warranty.the laptop started locking up and i would have to reboot. when i go to curcit city a girl tells me the company is in bankrupt court.and i might never get my computer back.

it locked up more often in the next two weeks.i own a small company,and had my webmaster look at it.he scanned it ,and it had no virises or soft ware problems.this cost me a hundred bucks. he said it was a hard ware problem and would have to go to curcit city for warranty work . when i go to curcit city they say it is a toshiba problem . and they wont fix it under warranty.

i ask for a manager. after a while a kid came out,and said he was as good as it gets. he said for me to leave or he would call the police . i had no warranty.it was my problem.i have tried to contact toshiba with the number they gave me but after hours of being on automated hold i gave up . all the computers,fax ,printers and camaras in our offices came from curcit city.we have spent a lot of money with them . but i assure you after this treatment we will cheer them into bankrupcy.and spend where our money is more appreciated.

Jimmy
hampton, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2008 06:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City/Johnson-City-Tennessee-37601/Circuit-City-my-new-laptop-locked-up-getting-worse-each-time-curcitcity-wont-honor-warra-394264. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City

you have a 1 year warranty through toshiba... not circuit city

AUTHOR: Dylan - (U.S.A.)

Circuit City is not responsible for fixing a laptop that has gone by the 14 day return/defect policy.

If you wanted circuit city to deal with the problem, buy the warranty. We dont make the product, we are just the middle man.

Contact me for assistance

AUTHOR: Help4u@circuitcity.com - (U.S.A.)

I am sorry to hear about the problems that you have had with the computer. If you would like assistance in getting this issue resolved please feel free to email me at help4u@circuitcity.com