Complaint Review: Circuit City

• Submitted: Tue, March 08, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, March 08, 2005

• Reported By:Sterling Virginia
Circuit City
46301 Potomac Run Plz Sterling, Virginia U.S.A.

Circuit City Circuit City ripoff warranty Sterling Virginia

In December of 2003 I purchased an open box HP lap top. I purchased the extended warranty. Within the first 2 weeks of use the computer started to randomly shutting down. I took it back the store. They told me they had to send it in. I received a call 1 month later stating that the issue was fixed and to pick up my lap top.

It started having the same issue shortly after so I sent it back in. After a month I received my lap top back. Once again claiming it was fixed. A week later it started malfunctioning again by the random shutdowns.

I sent it in the third time. This time I did not get my lap top back for 9 weeks. They told me this time since it was covered under manufactures warranty they could not repair it anymore. My laptop would not even turn on.

I sent it to HP. They sent it back to me and said since parts were replaced that my manufacture warranty was null and void, and to contact Circuit City warranty department.

I contacted them and they stated I had to wait till the manufacture warranty ran out. So I waited. The year went by and I sent it back to circuit city to get it repaired. I got it back saying it was a Prue-existing condition and was not their issue.

After days of arguing they said they would finally fix it. I sent it back in and a month later I get a call saying "We determined it is from misuse." They refused to do anything. They would not even refund the time I had left on my warranty.

I contacted the corporate office of circuit city. They stated the warranty was not part of circuit city. They stated it was a product so they do not take any responsibility for the issue.

So after 2 years I through away the laptop since it was useless and never have worked. I gave Circuit City over a $1000 for free.

John
Sterling, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2005 12:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City/Sterling-Virginia-20164/Circuit-City-Circuit-City-ripoff-warranty-Sterling-Virginia-134131. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City