Complaint Review: Circuit City

• Reported By:
Circuit City
Troy, Michigan U.S.A.

Circuit City salespeople are morons

A couple of years ago, I was looking for an inkjet printer for my Windows NT4 based home PC.
At the local Circuit City store in Troy, Michigan, I saw a particular Lexmark printer going for a pretty decent price. The box said "Windows compatible" but I wanted to make sure it would work with NT4.
I asked a lurking salesman if it would. He replied, very confidently I might add, that it would work with all versions of Windows, including NT4.
Guess what ? I took the printer home and found it did not work with NT4. And when I went to return it, the manager at that location said that that particular salesman was very experienced and could not have said what I claimed he had said ! He further wanted to deduct a 15% re-stocking fee from the price of the returned printer !

I later sorted the whole matter out with their customer service department and got the 15% back. However, since that experience, I have not entered a Circuit City store. In fact, when I go through the ads/flyers in the Sunday paper now, I don't even look at the Circuit City one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City/Troy-Michigan/Circuit-City-salespeople-are-morons-7578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City