Complaint Review: Circuit City

• Reported By:Apalachin New York
Circuit City
Vestal, New York U.S.A.

Circuit City Advantage Protection Plan Ripoff Vestal New York

In November 08, I purchased a 46" Samsung LCD TV with the advantage plan warranty through Circuit City. The salesman said that this warranty would cover accidental damage and because I have five kids, I felt that I needed this kind of coverage. I was not given a copy of the warranty and, in hindsight, I wish I would have demanded it. Sure enough, one of my children broke the TV with a hollow plastic ball that weighs maybe half an ounce (the delicacy of these TVs is a complaint in itself) in July 09. We called Assurant Solutions who handles these claims since circuit city is no longer in business. They told us that our plan did not cover accidental damage. The whole reason we bought the plan was for accidental damage. What we were not told was that there is a second Advantage plan called Advantage Plus which does cover accidental damage. Of course, this valuable piece of information was withheld by the salesman. I feel we were intentionally misled by the salesman and that Assurant Solutions should pay for a repair or replacement. I am extremely upset over the whole situation. Not only do we have a TV that doesn't work, but that I am also still paying for it.

Bill
Apalachin, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2009 07:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City/Vestal-New-York-13850/Circuit-City-Advantage-Protection-Plan-Ripoff-Vestal-New-York-478368. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City