Complaint Review: Circuit City

• Submitted: Wed, February 11, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 11, 2009

• Reported By:Potomac Maryland
Circuit City
8520 Leesburg Pike Vienna, Virginia U.S.A.

Circuit City, Vienna, VA Circuit City sold me a broken & previously returned camera as new Vienna Virginia

Circuit City sold me a broken and previously returned Canon PowerShot SX110IS camera as new for $206.85 in their going out of business sale. I did not realize it when I bought it. When I got it home and tried to use it, I got a "lens error, restart camera." At that time I noticed that there were MANY fingerprints on my camera, including the lens, and the box had the bar code covered by black magic marker. When I called Circuit City and told them the camera was broken, they told me that the sale was final, even if they had sold me broken merchandise as new. They referred me to Canon Warranty Service. They had replaced the returned (opened) batteries with brand new (in the wrapper) batteries in the box - this represents their attempt to commit fraud.

After much research on the internet, I realize that this error is fatal, and that Canon Service will fix this problem for about $175. I am now just waiting to hear back from Canon. I have not been able to take a single picture with this camera.

Ripped-off in vienna
Potomac, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2009 08:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City/Vienna-Virginia-22182/Circuit-City-Vienna-VA-Circuit-City-sold-me-a-broken-previously-returned-camera-as-new-423175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City