Complaint Review: Circuit City

• Submitted: Wed, January 28, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 22, 2010

• Reported By:Wilmington North Carolina
Circuit City
Wilmington, North Carolina U.S.A.

Circuit City "all Sales Final" Broken Or Not? "all sales final" broken or not? FLEA MARKET = CIRCUIT CITY = PAWN SHOP customer service Wilmington North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: You're an idiot

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Call the manufacturer

*Consumer Comment: This store is out of business, the help is going to be unemployed indefinitely and you want WHAT?

*Consumer Suggestion: Some suggestions . . .

I once was a constant user of circuit city for all of my electronic needs but about 2-3 years ago i completely swore off their company because of their lack of customer service and Best Buy's exceptional service was a no brainer. I heard they were going out of business so I thought i might be able to get a good deal on a digital camera. I bought the camera earlier today and when i got home the camera i went to look at the picture quality only to find out the display screen was shot or something is causing it not to take photos without there being a black haze across the upper half of the screen.

I knew they said all sales final but i didnt think i was shopping at the flea market so i figured it wouldn't be broken right off the bat. I went up to the store to get another camera and they basically laughed me out of the store with examples of how this happens all the time. Their answer to my problem was, too bad. I'm contacting the local news tommorrow and am going to attempt to back charge the purchase or put it on hold through my credit card company. I really was waiting for MTV's boiling point to walk out and give me $100 for dealling with that joke of a company.

Any suggestions?

Baker
Wilmington, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2009 08:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City/Wilmington-North-Carolina-28403/Circuit-City-all-Sales-Final-Broken-Or-Not-all-sales-final-broken-or-not-FLEA-MARKET-417526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City

You're an idiot

AUTHOR: muhuskerfan32 - (United States of America)

Dude. "All sales final".
You said you understand that, but got mad when they wouldn't take it back? Do you understand how dumb you sound?

That's why you ask to take it out to make sure it works.  Probably 20 other people opened that box before you got it.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Call the manufacturer

AUTHOR: Insanityfell - (U.S.A.)

All the products sold by Circuit City will still be covered by the manufacturer's warranty. Give them a call, it's better then losing the product.

And Frank, you're wrong. There is usually only one representative of the liquidators present in the store. Management and sales associates are the same that were there before the liquidation. And the representatives are only involved in a few sales. You have more chances of being struck by lightning then dealing with them face-to-face. What, do you think the liquidators hired 30 new people in each store just for 3 months during the liquidation, assuming all products last that long?

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

What guarantees will you have that there will be service after the sale? I wouldn't buy junk merchandise from anywhere --it is NOT a bargain unless it is fully functional and on sale.

I could not afford to shop there when they were open and I can not afford to shop there now.

The sales team is getting fired and it is not their fault so they are scared about not being able to find another job and they are angry because they did nothing to deserve the mass firings and you want courteous CUSTOMER SERVICE??????

It would cost more to repair the junk -- assuming you can find anybody who even knows how-- than it is worth unless if it still under warranty from the manufacturer.

Forget it.

I am sorry that our entire economy is in a meltdown. I went back to school to try to retrain to get a job I could do that wouldn't be so easily wiped out by the economic trends but
I am not sure I will have a job when I get out...

And if I were you, I wouldn't be wasting my money on electronic junk when you will need every dune after you are laid off and out of work because the way this economy is going, NOBODY is safe --except the out of touch ELECTED OFFICIALS who were entrusted with our country;s well-being and they stuffed the pockets of their rich friend, elite prep school and fraternity/'secret society, ivy league elitist universities\ ALUMS. Out of touch with us ordinary folks...

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Some suggestions . . .

AUTHOR: Frank - (U.S.A.)

First--you are most likely NOT dealing with Circuit City employees. You are dealing with employees of a liquidation company hired to sell off Circuit City's remaining assets. These people have absolutely no incentive to make you a happy customer. You should therefore not waste your effort.

Second--contact the digital camera's manufacturer. The camera should be under the manufacturer's warranty. You may have to mail it in for repair, but your chances of achieving a resolution are much better than fighting with the liquidation company.

Good luck!