Complaint Review: Circuit City

• Reported By:Indian Orchard Massachusetts
Circuit City
circuitcity.com Internet U.S.A.

Circuit City Extended Warranty Springfield Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Umm....

This is an example of a so called extended warranty.

Ordering a hard drive and mother board which came from Gateway. Wait one week including business days. Calling the company for the status of my report and being told that they lost my ordered merchandise. A new order being placed and then being told, " we do not know when you will be contacted but when your parts arrived we will let you know".

What the hell would happen if I needed to have a computer to run a home based business. My customers are still waiting and waiting and I am loosing money because of Circuit Citys refusal to compensate me for my "extended waiting time one the warranty".

I wonder what I paid for. I saw a segment on my local news about these so called extended warranties. People that were interviewed got the same run around that so many others of us have experienced with circuit city. Why are they going out of business? Are managers taking the extended warranty from customers and using the extra money to go on trips?

I certainly hope a circuit city sales manager or regional manager reads this because it is the only way to get the consumer's opinion across to them. Going to the store does not mean ****. Talking on the phone doesn't either. It is apparent that the purpose of the so called extended warranty is to get extra commission in the sales dept. so managers can go on extended trips in private jets.

Tom
Indian Orchard, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2008 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City/internet/Circuit-City-Extended-Warranty-Springfield-Internet-400600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Umm....

AUTHOR: Zaphoid - (U.S.A.)

First of all, the salespeople are not on commission @ Circuit City, so they make the same whether you buy the extended warranty or not.

Secondly, the extended warranties are contracted through Assurant Solutions (same company that handles warranties for Best Buy, Walmart, etc), so it sounds like they're the ones you should be mad at. All that happens at the store is they place an order in the system and ship the computer to a service depot. Anything that happens afterwards is out of their control. Furthermore, when a customer drops off a computer for warranty repair, we inform them that the wait time is generally 2-3 weeks, dependent on availability of parts.

Third, you are a business owner and don't have any kind of a backup? Seriously?

Obviously, since CC is closing, I (and 30,000+ others like me) am now unemployed, and have no particular loyalty to the company. However, I just cannot abide BS. Enjoy.