Complaint Review: Circuit City

• Submitted: Sun, December 09, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 14, 2012

• Reported By: fjames — Columbia Tennessee United States of America
Circuit City

Circuit City Tiger Direct Fraudulent Advertising Refusing to make it right Internet

*Author of original report: Next Update of Circuit City Ripoff

I was looking for a monitor to match my current one. It is an I-Inc iF281D. It has been discontinued but i found 4 refurbished one online at Circuit City. This is a 28 inch 1920 x 1200 resolution monitor that i have have been extremely happy with, I immediatly ordered one.

They took my money and shipped it. When it showed up i was astonished to find a 19 inch monitor with 1920 x 1080 resolution. This is a lower res and much smaller monitor than i agreed to purchase.

Of course i called circuit city right away. I was told by their rep that they did not have the monitor i ordered, despite the fact that there were 4 availalbe when i made the purchase and they shipped me out a "Comprable monitor". I was furious that they first thought this little thing was even close to comprable, and second that they would change my order, intentionally, without even a phone call to see if i would accept it.

Needless to say, i got an RMA. They offered me a $20.00 coupon on my next purchase for their affront. i explained that i did not want the coupon, i wanted the monitor which i orderded in good faith. They kept talking in circles until i finally said "Look, i want my monitor or an equal or better monitor at the same price. You need to make this right". i was disconnected. I called back and went through the same thing.

It went nowhere. As of this righting, they have recieved the RMA 4 days ago, my credit card will show a refund, "soon, sometime in the next few days". All i wanted was my origonal order. they are refusing to do anything except refund my order, and of course, they explained how i can use my $20.00 coupon to help the price of my noxt monitor order.

That will not happen.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2012 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City/internet/Circuit-City-Tiger-Direct-Fraudulent-Advertising-Refusing-to-make-it-right-Internet-979800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City

Next Update of Circuit City Ripoff

AUTHOR: fjames - (United States of America)

So i received my refund. Except it is 37.98 short! I will update after i get the latest from Circuit  City/Tiger Direct.  I should not need to do this.