Complaint Review: Circuit City

• Updated: Tue, December 09, 2008

• Reported By:wampum Pennsylvania
Circuit City
www.circuitcity.como Internet U.S.A.

Circuit City Won't refund for package they mislabled with zip code and never received Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Contact me for a resolution - [email protected]

After having surgery and not being able to drive, I've done most of my Christmas shopping online. I purchased a Rock Band Special Edition for Wii for $99.99 and free shipping. I jumped on this deal because in our area it was hard to come by this game for the Wii system and this was a great price. My order was placed on 11/19 and shipped on 11/20 using Fedex smart post, which is their cheapest shipping method. Goes to fedex to the post office then delivered to your door by mail carrier. It was supposed to be delivered on 11/26. When the package didn't arrive I checked into the tracking only to find there was a delivery exception due to address error. To make a long story short, this package has been floating between fed ex and a post office in Texas ever since. Circuit City said I had to wait until 12/9 to see if it was delivered before I could open a lost package claim and gave me a case number. I spent my lunch hour calling fed ex, texas post office and usps consumer affairs in texas to figure out where this package is. I called fed ex smart post back and they told me the package is going back to Circuit City.

Anyway, the last report from fedex tracking is 12/5 deliver exception, address has been corrected and all attempts are being made for delivery. My husband flipped and we got connected to the corporate office. We were told that we would have to wait until 12/9-12/12 to see if the package is delivered then we could file a case number and when the package arrives back at circuit city, they would refund our money. In the meantime, it's in this week's ad for $89.99. I've spent many hours and money with long distance phone calls trying to get this resolved. The supervisor (which she claims she was the highest up we could go with this) said that the package is coming back to them, so what is the problem with giving the refund. I know they are trying to avoid us getting 2 for the price of 1, but geesh....19 days has been long enough!! BAD, BAD, business, not to mention when we called circuit city the first time we were connected to someone overseas.

Cathy
wampum, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2008 05:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City/internet/Circuit-City-Wont-refund-for-package-they-mislabled-with-zip-code-and-never-received-Int-399316. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City

Contact me for a resolution - [email protected]

AUTHOR: [email protected] - (U.S.A.)

I am sorry to hear about the problems that you have experienced with your recent order. I would like to assist you in getting this issue resolved. If you would like my assistance please feel free to contact me at [email protected] In the email please make sure to include your order number.