Complaint Review: Circuit City

• Updated: Sun, February 22, 2009

• Reported By:Boyds Maryland
Circuit City
www.circuitcity.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Circuit City Cheat Consumer for 2008 Black Friday Purchase Rebate Circuit City Online Purchase Nationwide

I purchased a HP laptop and web cam on Nov. 28 (black Friday) from Circuit City web site. Both items are eligible for rebate as their advertisement. Five and six weeks after I submitted my rebate online (https://www.ccityrebates.com/promocenter/circuitcity/index.jsp), I received emails said both rebates are valid and had been processed, checks (have 2 checks number) are issued on Jan. 21.

I should received them within 5-10 business days. But I never received them,and I called and emailed Circuit City rebate center (1-888-244-6594), I was told I should wait till Feb 21 2009(30days) to call for re-issuing checks if not received by then. I called the rebate center today (Feb. 22nd, 2009), I was told both rebate are valid and processed and rebate checked printed, but not mailed out, so they can not re-issue checks and said they only processed the rebate, have no time frame when Circuit City will mail checks. Now I realized that Circuit City is cheating all the consumers by offering rebates during the holiday shopping season, and announced liquidation on Jan. 16, 2009, and lied to consumer all the rebates money.

Anyone knows how to deal with it?

Georgia
Boyds, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2009 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City/nationwide/Circuit-City-Cheat-Consumer-for-2008-Black-Friday-Purchase-Rebate-Circuit-City-Online-Purc-427257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City