Complaint Review: Circuit City.com

• Updated: Thu, December 09, 2004

• Reported By:South Berwick Maine
Circuit City.com
Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.

Circuit City.com Ripoff cancels orders for bogus reasons waste of time Richmond Virginia

I have had a continuous problem placing orders this week at Circuitcity.com. First, during their Night Owl Specials, it would not let me check out and told me to come back at 6 AM, duly noting that my items would be saved in my cart. When I went back promptly at 6 AM. The prices had been taken off the Night Owl special. Then, I ordered an iPOD mini. It was in stock when I ordered it.

My order was cancelled because "my contact info was incorrect". I had just placed an order right before that and it went through. So, they cancelled the order and when I called them it was out of stock. When I asked to be placed on a notification list for when it was placed in stock, they WANTED MY EMAIL PASSWORD! I could not believe it. So, they have failed to honor posted prices, canceled orders which were charged to the Circuit City card, and attempted to get my account password. I don't think I would believe this if I wasn't reading this.

Their customer service has really gone down hill. Their escalation department is a joke. If you want to actually receive the items you orderd for the price you ordered them, don't shop here. I am an attorney and am pursuing this, not for damages, but so that they will stop this nonsense. They are, by their own actions, driving themselves out of business. I wouldn't wish this experience on my worst enemy.

Mary ann
South Berwick, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2004 09:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-Citycom/Richmond-Virginia-23233/Circuit-Citycom-Ripoff-cancels-orders-for-bogus-reasons-waste-of-time-Richmond-Virginia-122124. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City.com