Complaint Review: Circuit city

• Submitted: Tue, April 14, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, April 14, 2009

• Reported By:BRIARWOOD New York
Circuit city
Rego Park, New York U.S.A.

Circuit city and city assura does not honor the warranty. Rego Park New York

I bought last year in circuit city a HP Pavillion Laptop and the price of the computer was $899.99 + tax. but I decided to buy a advantage proteccion Plan that I spend 350.00 more (1200 + dlls approximate) that this warranty cover a physical damage, what happen now? my computer was burned at the bottom and they sent to me a prepaid box and then they says that will send a replacement through tiger direct. I said "Yes" The thing is that they never mention that the replacement was refurbished.

I said I don't want it, but they can't cancel the order, days later a refurbished computer arrived my home, what it's the surprised???? the computer not working at all!!!!!! I called the city assure telling that the computer it's not working and they told me that I must call Tiger direct. I call Tiger Direct and takin a report of my claim and they told me that somebody will call me in the next two days, it was a week ago, today I'm waiting this call, I don't know what to do, I'm frustated. too many calls and any solution.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2009 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-city/Rego-Park-New-York/Circuit-city-and-city-assura-does-not-honor-the-warranty-Rego-Park-New-York-443562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit city