Complaint Review: CircuitCity.com, Circuit City

• Submitted: Tue, November 28, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, November 29, 2006

• Reported By:Ocean Gate New Jersey
CircuitCity.com, Circuit City
circuitcity.com Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.

CircuitCity.com, Circuit City Deceptive pricing and consumer fraud, ripoff Richmond Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Ok play their game

I recently purchased a consumer electronic product through circuitcity.com. for in store pick-up in Brick, NJ. When when I went to pick it up the store had the same item for $40.00 less. When I inquired about Circuit City's price match guarantee I was told by the store manager that since I purchased the item from the website the store could not honor the lower price. I was told to contact the circuitcity.com customer service number, which I did.

The customer service representative from the website informed me that while they would price match another stores price they would not match the Circuit City in store price.

I then contacted the circuitcity.com customer service department via email and they very nicely explained their policy as follows: "Please note Our guarantee applies only to advertised prices. It does not apply to special offers or promotions, including rebates, free-with-purchase offers, and special financing." None of these conditions would seem to apply to my purchase.

The email went on to state: "At Circuit City we do everything in our power to make sure you don't pay a penny more than you should for anything you buy. If you've seen a lower advertised price from a local store with the same item in stock, we want to know about it. Bring it to our attention, and we'll gladly beat their price by 10% of the difference." Apparently everything in their power does not include matching their own in store pricing.

I was not alone in my complaint that day as their were several other web customers with the same complaint on a variety of products.

Nelson
Ocean Gate, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2006 09:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CircuitCitycom-Circuit-City/Richmond-Virginia-23233-1464/CircuitCitycom-Circuit-City-Deceptive-pricing-and-consumer-fraud-ripoff-Richmond-Virgin-222764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CircuitCity.com, Circuit City

Ok play their game

AUTHOR: Jamie - (U.S.A.)

Return the item and buy it in store.