• Report: #312001

• Submitted: Mon, February 25, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, February 25, 2008

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Circulation II - Circ2
P.O. Box 8002 Rock Island, Illinois U.S.A.

Circulation II - Circ2 - Carl Magazine Scam, Rip off, Now I'm down 84 bucks. Rock Island Illinois

Ok, so on august 31st I was approached by a guy (carl) and he asked me if I wanted to buy a magazine to help him get enough points for his trip to europe. I told him I didn't have any money and he kept insisting he said that I can go to the ATM and get some. He was a really nice guy. So, I signed up for rolling stone and blender, this came up to 80 bucks. I add the 4 bucks because of the ATM fees that I had to also pay for.

After I gave him the money, I went immediately to the website to cancel (www.circ2.com) the site did not work, I looked up the company and found a couple of complaints, I panicked and looked everywhere for the guy. I still found him on campus, I chased him down as he was heading to the parking lot and told him the website didn't work and that I wanted my money back. He told me that he had already turned it into his supervisor and that he didn't have any money.

Well, I told him to call the guy because I wanted my money back. After a while we had worked out a deal. We would meet on campus and he would give me the 80 bucks that I was missing. For a while I felt confident but then he started telling me that he was sick and that he couldn't go, so I gave him another chance. I have called him a number of times and he doesn't pick up anymore. I figured I was going to get screwed. So I sent my invoice to the company for a refund and I got my letter back telling me that the P.O. box was closed. So I'm down 84 bucks. Does anyone know how I can get my money back from this company?

Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2008 09:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circulation-II-Circ2/Rock-Island-Illinois-61204/Circulation-II-Circ2-Carl-Magazine-Scam-Rip-off-Now-Im-down-84-bucks-Rock-Island-I-312001. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circulation II - Circ2