• Report: #342019

• Submitted: Thu, June 19, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, August 12, 2008

• Reported By:Burleson Texas
Cirro Energy
501 W. President George Bush Hwy. Suite 350 Richardson, Texas U.S.A.

Cirro Energy Deceptive Practices Richardson Texas

*Consumer Comment: Be careful of how Cirro will respond

I purchased a home in 2004 and switched my electricity provider from TXU to Cirro Energy due to lower rates. I had not complaints until recently.

Over the last four years my contract has expired and required a renewal. Each year Cirro would send a notice in the mail outlining our options.

I logged into the Cirro website this morning to pay my $236 electric bill. After paying I noticed a new balance of $559. Confused by the charge, I called customer service. The CSR agent told me that my contract had expired and they raised my rates to the maximum legal rate which happens to be almost double my previous contract rate. She stated that Cirro stopped notifying customers on contract expirations and the only solutions if to cut off my lights, pay the new rates or switch to another provider. She had no interest in helping, although she did qualify her statements by telling me that this is happening to "everyone".

Furious I contact a competitor and changed serious. The new company's CSR told me that they are getting a lot of new sign ups for this exact same thing from Cirro.

So basically, Cirro is terminating contract justly or not without notifying customers so they can double the rates and hopefully make a big profit.

Is my problem over? Although I have switched, they will still want their unjust doubled amount bill.... Chances are I will have to pay it or have it show up on my credit report.

Watch out for Cirro Energy.

James
Burleson, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2008 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cirro-Energy/Richardson-Texas-75080/Cirro-Energy-Deceptive-Practices-Richardson-Texas-342019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cirro Energy

Be careful of how Cirro will respond

AUTHOR: Luculent - (U.S.A.)

I am going to list my story here as well, but I wanted to let you know that my experience, so far, is just as horrible. The problem is, I have blasted them on the internet and have found myself being treated worse than before. If you expect them to contact you to fix this, be prepared to wait. I have filed with the public utility commission and the better business bureau on Cirro Energy at least twice.

Cirro has no desire to satisfy a customer or even admit fault. You can see the rest of my story, and follow ups, at my blog. Just google cirro energy review. You will see the one that says 'perez hilton, cirro energy, its all here'. Look at my cirro inserts. Hopefully, this will help others choose NOT to go with Cirro. Problems are one thing, but bad service is another. Stay Away!

And look for my rip off report to post soon!

Patrick