Complaint Review: Citi Bank

• Submitted: Thu, January 29, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 29, 2009

• Reported By:Dayton Ohio
Citi Bank
CitiBank/Home Depot Accounts Dayton, Ohio U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Citi Bank Raising rates after receiving bailout money!!! Dayton Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Soon to be a former "CUSTOMER"

*Consumer Comment: So what's the ripoff?

Received my Home Depot charge account bill, which I have had almost 3 years now, never been late, always made the payments, usually carry minimal balance, just moved in a new home less than 2 years ago, have been trying to make it my home, so I did purchase some items on this card. Notice indicates CitiBank is raising the rates. How nice! I called and opted out. When I called I was advised that "due to the current credit market, yes, the rates on that card are being increased." I asked if this was how CitiBank is helping the current economy. I got total silence. I then asked if their bailout or should I say handout wasn't big enough, so they have to screw their customers? Again silence. I then was offered to stay at the same rate with a 10% discount card. No thanks, this card is being paid off ASAP. Crooks.

L. brown
Dayton, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2009 06:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citi-Bank/Dayton-Ohio-45420/Citi-Bank-Raising-rates-after-receiving-bailout-money-Dayton-Ohio-417605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citi Bank

Soon to be a former "CUSTOMER"

AUTHOR: Ron - (United States of America)

I also received a notice from CITI bank today and was shocked to hear that after being a customer for the past 20 years they were going to raise my rate to 21.99%.  My bills have been paid on time and I also have my home loan with them.  I refinanced this year to better protect my family in the case of hard times due to the economy with them and they were to give me a credit card with 0% financing to roll other card balances into.  (They never sent it.)  After seeing the post that so eliquantly ended with "Boo Hoo",  I got the feeling that it must have been the same person from CITI bank that I just spoke with on the phone.  My tax dollars paid to keep this bank from going under and now they are going to thank me by raising my rate.  I am going to get a card from a different company and will no longer be shopping at Home Depot or Sears.  I am sure that they couldnt care less and that with their lack of customer service and loyalty to their long term customers, they will kick back enjoy a large bonus and ask us for another bail out soon.

So what's the ripoff?

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Again, the 'bailout' from the government was because it was that very government that put them in the position they are in by demanding they lend money to those who should never have had it loaned to them - such as proven by this site's very own deadbeat charles.

And, it has nothing to do with anyone that possesses a credit card. I don't see why people think it does. Just a convenient crying point to try and garner unwarranted sympathy for no reason except that you don't like it. Well, boo hoo.