Complaint Review: Citi Bank

• Submitted: Wed, April 06, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, April 07, 2011

• Reported By: Dorothy — Rio Rancho New Mexico U.S.A.
Citi Bank
PO Box 6000 The Lakes, Nevada United States of America

Citi Bank Will not refund my credit balance The Lakes, Nevada

*Consumer Suggestion: Type in CITI- GET A QUICK 474 REPORTS!

*Consumer Comment: Much information missing here

*Consumer Suggestion: Suggestion for resolving Citi Bank dilemna

I decided to pay off my  citi card credit card with a no interest credit card.  Well I sent them too much money ($2000.00) and now they keep giving me the run around and will not refund my money too me.  I really needed this money to pay some other debt off.  I feel like I have no way to get my money back.  They have now in two days taken 127.00 from my credit balance.  It appears like they are going to try to suck the credit balance to zero!!!  I am going to report them to my representatives, better business bureau and whom ever will listen.  I also have a friend whose sister is the district attorney here in NM.  I am going to ask her for some advise.  If anyone else has an idea let me know.....thanks....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2011 03:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citi-Bank/The-Lakes-Nevada-89163/Citi-Bank-Will-not-refund-my-credit-balance-The-Lakes-Nevada-714696. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citi Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Type in CITI- GET A QUICK 474 REPORTS!

AUTHOR: mr. rik - (USA)

Then type in other variables such as citi bank and citibank and get more reports.

NUFF SAID!

Much information missing here

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

Dorothy,

You failed to give us any information on the exact timeline of events.

On what date did CitiBank RECIEVE that $2000 payment??

What is that date of the end of your billing cycle??

This is very important information that is needed to evaluate your "rip off" complaint.

I think that you do not understand how interest works in relation to your billing cycle, and the average daily balance method of computation.

I think you wanted your money back before the billing cycle ended, and your final interest was calculated.

If you made your payment in the middle of a billing cycle, your interest would be calculated at the end of the cycle, and would appear on your next bill.

Then, a "credit" balance would appear on your statement, and at the end of that statement cycle a refund check would be prepared.

In reality, 45 days would not be uncommon before you got your overpayment back.

And, nobody forced you to overpay!

Why didn't you take just a few minutes and go online or call to get your payoff balance?

Please answer the above questions.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Suggestion for resolving Citi Bank dilemna

AUTHOR: Beemer - (USA)

I have encountered a similar situation with Citi Bank.  I wrote to their Federal Banking Regulator and they handled the situation.  Citibank returned all of my money once the regulator took over the mediation process.  Their regulator's information:  Comptroller of the Currency, Customer Assistance Group, 1301 McKinney Street, Ste 3450, Houston, TX  77010-9050