Complaint Review: Citi Cards

• Submitted: Mon, October 15, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, January 04, 2008

• Reported By:fort worth Texas
Citi Cards
P.O. Box 6062 Sioux Falls, South Dakota U.S.A.

Citi Cards Over $ 1800 in Unjustified Late Fees and Default Interest rate Sioux Falls South Dakota

*Author of original report: CitiBank refuses to acknowledge problem

In January 2006 i had a zero balance on my Citi credit card and recieved an offer for 3.99% interest rate until paid in full for balance transfers with no transaction fees. I used this transfer to pay off $ 8200 from my other credit cards. I set up my Chase Billpay to pay $ 250.00 every month approx 3 weeks before my due date each month, my min payment was only $ 95.00 per month. In May of 2006 i made my May payment and on the statement closing date of May 23, 2006 my June payment was posted also causing all other payments from that point forward to be 2 days late. this was not discovered until August 2007 approx $ 1800 in late fees and a default interest rate of 20.22% later because somehow without my knowledge i was switched from a paper statement to email statement. I have numerous credit cards and had not noticed that i hadn't been recieving this Citi statement. I called the customer service number and explained what had happen to Lisa and she credited $ 722.00 of the last 6 months and change the interest rate back to the 3.99% rate and advised that i had to contact the other Citi Bank customer service to get the other $ 1000.00 credited since she could only see 6 months history on her computer. I sent 1 letter and 3 faxes in the next one and half months to the number and address i was given with no response. i called again today and was advised that they would not refund the other $ 1000.00 because they did not have to, they are not disputing what i have stated because i have the statements to prove it and so do they. I understand that i should have noticed that i wasn't recieving statements earlier but that does not justify them charging over $ 1000.00 in fees and defaulted interest. I guess Citi Bank doesn't need to keep good customers. if anyone can suggest any type of recourse or other contact numbers please email me.

Tommy
fort worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2007 06:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citi-Cards/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57117/Citi-Cards-Over-1800-in-Unjustified-Late-Fees-and-Default-Interest-rate-Sioux-Falls-Sout-278915. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citi Cards

CitiBank refuses to acknowledge problem

AUTHOR: Tommy - (U.S.A.)

I have sent several letters and faxes to CitiBank with lettle or no response.