Complaint Review: Citi Cards

• Updated: Thu, July 23, 2009

• Reported By:Tacoma Washington
Citi Cards
Nationwide U.S.A.

Citi Cards Failed to comply with contract, avoided customer service calls and emails Nationwide

Citi Cards is the worse credit card company out there. Our contract stated that my APR would be reduced after 12 months of making payments on time. They did not automatically do this however, I had to call in and request it. This was after 16 months of making payments on time--for four extra months they charged me 29.99% APR when it was suppose to be 9%. I wonder how many other people are paying extra...

Not to mention the rediculously high APR. I recently submitted a payment on-line. For some reason, this did not get processed. I followed up immediately, however, my APR was again raised to 29.99% for one missed payment. That's a 20% increase, rediculous.

I have spent countless hours emailing and calling customer service to get this resolved. Not only do I feel the increase is unfair, I have requested statements that they have not been able to produce. Recently I spoke with the "supervisor of the supervisor" who agreed that my payment history was good and that if I made a payment that day my APR would be reduced to 13.2%. Once again, I paid and lived up to my end of the bargain and they did not.

I have spoke on the phone with over 10 individuals from their customer service department, speaking to "supervisors of supervisors" who can "make decisions" and they are all incompetent.

Please never sign up for a Citi Cards account. They are awful people and the company policy seamingly is that customers need to comply with contracts while they do not.

Kate
Tacoma, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2009 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citi-Cards/nationwide/Citi-Cards-Failed-to-comply-with-contract-avoided-customer-service-calls-and-emails-Natio-472571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citi Cards