Complaint Review: Citi - Citibank

• Updated: Mon, May 17, 2010

• Reported By: Kendall — Washington United States of America
Citi - Citibank
2405 Kell Blvd Wichita Falls, Texas United States of America

Citi - Citibank First American Bank, SSB They cancelled my card after 7 years of good business Wichita Falls, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: all they need to do

*Consumer Comment: Read the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

I've been a customer with this company for 7 years. I've always paid my balances on time and currently have no outstanding balance. Heck, they even just increased my credit line only a couple of months ago. Today, I get this letter in mail telling me that they are cancelling my card because of delinquent account on my credit report.

I called them up to get the details and they claimed that they could not see anything specific on the report itself. I then checked my report at Equifax (the agency they claimed to have gotten the report from) and there is NOTHING delinquent on there at all. So, let me get this straight. They just decide to cut off a PAYING customer for no apparent reason? Despite the fact that my credit report is clean, they still say there is nothing they can do now that the process of cancellation has started. They even had the nerve to tell me I could re-apply. HA! I'll re-apply alright... but with a different company. Not to mention I will be telling EVERYONE about this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2010 07:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citi-Citibank/Wichita-Falls-Texas-76308-1021/Citi-Citibank-First-American-Bank-SSB-They-cancelled-my-card-after-7-years-of-good-busi-593711. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citi - Citibank

all they need to do

AUTHOR: Philip - (United States of America)

When closing an account because of delinquencies found on your credit report, all that Citibank, or any other bank for that matter need to do is send a letter stating that the account is being closed because of information obtained from your credit report. They do not have to provide the specific creditor. Some people think that the credit card they have belongs to them, it does not, it belongs to the bank and can be closed at any time.

Read the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

You should read the FCRA-you can download it from the FTC at www.ftc.gov

Closing the account against your will is considered ADVERSE ACTION by the FCRA and by law they are required to give you the specific reason for the account being closed when you request the reason in WRITING.

You should send them a certified, return receipt requested letter demanding the specific reason for your credit line being closed.

If they do not comply with the FCRA, the FCRA enables you to sue them for the violation.

Good luck.