Complaint Review: Citi Credit Card

• Submitted: Wed, September 29, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, September 29, 2010

• Reported By: Alexandra — La Crescenta California United States of America
Citi Credit Card

Citi Credit Card CitiCards Deceptive Offer to Solicit a Balance Transfer to Citi Credit Card Internet

Citicards misrepresented the interest that would be charged if I transferred a balance from another credit card to Citicards. Citicards promised me that it would charge 0% interest on the amount transferred for 12 months. It also put this in writing and so far seems to be keeping this part of the agreement.

However, in addition, the representative also assured me repeatedly, to my repeated questions on the issue. that I would pay no interest on my regular monthly purchases so long as I paid off monthly purchases within the 30 day grace period. For the last decade, this is the way Ive paid off the card monthly in full so that no interest accrued. Citicards did not keep this part of the agreement.

Now that Ive made the balance transfer to Citicards, theyre charging me interest on my monthly purchases. The customer representative to whom I complained said she will remove interest charges for two months to make up for things. However, this solicitation for the balance transfer was represented to me fraudulently. Citicards will lose me as a customer as I dont like dealing with companies which deceive me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2010 08:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citi-Credit-Card/internet/Citi-Credit-Card-CitiCards-Deceptive-Offer-to-Solicit-a-Balance-Transfer-to-Citi-Credit-C-645930. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citi Credit Card