Complaint Review: Citi Financial

• Submitted: Mon, July 13, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, July 13, 2009

• Reported By:Marietta Georgia
Citi Financial
P.O. Box 70918 Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.

Citi Financial I WANT TO BE DEBT FREE....BUT CITI WON'T LET ME! Charlotte North Carolina

After the death of my fiance, I found myself in really rough financial waters. I was late on my car payments, not to mention other bills, as I had been out of work for several months. So, I got a loan with CitiFinancial for over $7000. This combined the remainder of my car note, with a number of past due medical bills.
But, the interest on the loan from citi is really high. So, I called Citi, and after some considerable begging, they did finally lower the rate. But due to serious illness, and subsequent absences from work, I have fallen behind on everything. I am constantly paying only partially on bills, just to keep things going. I am 3 payments behind on my loan, and have begged, once again to get Citi to work with me. They offered to re-age my loan, but, I was unable to keep up the payments, so was denied the program.
However, I finally found a great debt management program that I can afford. BUT...after they gave their payment proposal to CitiFinancial, Citi denied the it!!! THEY WANT MORE MONEY!!! Surprise suprise! CitiFinancial is being so greedy. I can't pay the total loan payment on my own, so I'm basically not sending them anything, because they won't accent partial payments. They call me 20 to 30 times per week!
So, I finally find what I truly believe is aviable solution to paying them, and they throw me under a bus! I mean really, do they want their money or not.. I don't understand why they won't accept the payment plan from the Debt Management Company. The company is extremely reputable, and backed by the Better Business Bureau.
I truly regret the day I chose to do business with CitiFinancial. The are greedy and dishonest, what a shame they treat hardworking people this way.

Marietta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2009 08:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citi-Financial/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28272-0918/Citi-Financial-I-WANT-TO-BE-DEBT-FREEBUT-CITI-WONT-LET-ME-Charlotte-North-Carolina-469311. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citi Financial