Complaint Review: Citi Financial

• Submitted: Thu, June 05, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 05, 2008

• Reported By:avon park Florida
Citi Financial
Citifinancial Retail Services, P.O. Box 183041, Columbus, OH 43218-3041 Citifinancial Retail Services, P.O. Box 22060 Temple, Arizona U.S.A.

Citi Financial citi's billings practices are knowling misleading and boarding on a fraudulent Citifinancial Retail Services, P.O. Box 22060 Temple Arizona

Bought furniture April 1, 2006 on a interest free credit plan at Rooms To Go Furniture for a total of $2336.46, which I was told was to be due in April 2007. On April 10th, 2007 I received a bill from citifinancial showing new balance $2336.46 due 4/19/07. (billing date 3/25/07)

On April 11th, 2007 I sent citifinancial an online banking check for $2336.46, which was received by citifinancial and which cleared my bank April 16th. I assumed account was satisfied.

On May 3rd, 2007 (one month later) I received another billing from citifinancial for $2336.46 payment due May 20th, 2007. (billing date 4/25/07). I disregarded this bill because, like I said, I paid them $2336.46 in April.

Then on May 5th I received another billing for $557.64 for accrued interest due on the $2336.46. Had no idea what was going on so called citifinancial and all they said was read the fine print the $2336.46 was due on or before April 2, 2007.

So I asked them two questions:

1. Why did they send me a bill for $2336.46, which citi knew I wouldn't receive until after 4/2/07 ? citifinancial knowing that, should have sent me an April billing reflecting an additional amount of $557.64 for a total of $2894.10. If I really owed interest.

2. Why did I receive another billing in May 5th showing a balance due of $2336.46 and two days later receive another billing for interest?

Their answer Billing Amonaly

citifinancial now claims I owe them $1025.45 and growing at over $60 per month in interest and late fees. I'm 71 years old, on a fixed income, and couldn't give them the money if I wanted to.

So now I get two calls every day for about the last 8 months. So in a sense I'm paying my interest, along with losing my ounce good credit rating.

Bob
avon park, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2008 07:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citi-Financial/Citifinancial-Retail-Services-PO-Box-22060-Temple-Arizona-85285-2060/Citi-Financial-citis-billings-practices-are-knowling-misleading-and-boarding-on-a-fraudul-337579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citi Financial