Complaint Review: Citi Financial

• Updated: Fri, March 11, 2011

• Reported By: mike_927 — Dollard-Des-Ormeaux Quebec Canada
Citi Financial
Etobicoke, Quebec United States of America

Citi Financial CITI FINANCIAL SENT ME A FITNESS DEPOT CARD THAT I DID NOT ASK FOR, THEN A BILL FOR $2600 THE NEXT MONTH!! Etobicoke, Quebec

*Consumer Comment: Identity theft?

I remember applying for a credit card with MBNA and a couple of months later, I received a letter form Citi Financial with a card for a Fitness Depot, It mentioned in the letter that I have not been approved for a $10,000 loan(which I never asked for) and that they were able to loan me $2500. I didn't read much into the letter because I was not interested but I ripped up the Fitness Depot Card, which was a weird looking card. And a month later I received a bill in the mail for $2,619.14.

They must be crazy if they think that this is some kind of business tactic that may work, maybe it would If I had actually used the money somehow. But I didn't and have not spoken with them yet because they are closed. I will call in the morning and if they give me any trouble I will contact a lawyer to get this straightened out.

Also this must be some type of automated thing because ny name has been misspelt big time.

If anyone has experienced this same inconvenience please let me know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2011 05:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citi-Financial/Etobicoke-Quebec-M9W-7H5/Citi-Financial-CITI-FINANCIAL-SENT-ME-A-FITNESS-DEPOT-CARD-THAT-I-DID-NOT-ASK-FOR-THEN-A-705056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citi Financial

Identity theft?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Has it occurred to you that someone could have stolen your identity?   The statement about not having been approved for a $10K loan that you didn't apply for would indicate that possibly someone else did.  The fact that it said they were able to loan you $2500 and are now billing you could indicate that someone else successfully got a loan in your name.