Complaint Review: Citi Financial

• Submitted: Tue, June 10, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 28, 2008

• Reported By:higley Arizona
Citi Financial
citifinancial.@citi.com Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Citi Financial, Manager And Loan Officer Anyone else Citi has done this to PLEASE READ Mesa Arizona

*Consumer Comment: This Is Odd

About a year ago I went CALLED my local Citi Fiancial branch to apply for a personal loan. I was at my sons track meet and during warm up is when I decided to call and apply I sopke to a lady named Betty and she and I OVER THE PHONE completed the application. She placed me on hold while pulling up my credit report and when she came back she said that the application is denied so after a few probing questions on the reason we hung up the phone. Here is where it gets interesting.....2 weeks later Betty called me and asked if I was still interested in getting the loan. I replied yes then she requested to call me back to give me the terms and amount...I asked her (Betty) I thought you denied my application....Betty replied "I GOT YOU DONE"...so I said great call me with the payment and time to come sign the paperwork. Betty called me about 15min later and stated I will recieve a loan of 15k and notified me of the payment amount.
When I went to sign the loan at the Mesa,AZ Power rd branch I as always had a 2nd person with me(Ivan) to witness transaction. After reviewing the loan I decided to take the loan out so Betty requested 2 forms of indentifaction so I asked Ivan to go to my car where I left my wallet and bring it to me. I provided Betty with my Social Security Card and My AZ drivers license and she made copies. Fast forward 4 months.... I was contemplating filing Chapter 7 and I notified all of the companies that were to be included inwhich Citi was.....OK here we go......1 week after calling Citi and Betty and Mesa Detective(Det. Perez) comkes to my job and states that Citi has filed fraud charges on me for using someone elses Social # that was used to aplly ON THE INTERNET.. In disbelief I gave Det Perez the statement you just read. He said that he would go speak to Betty at Citi and review the "IDs" I gave her to copy. Det Perez called me a week later and told me that she did NOT have a copy of my SS card and stated that she didn't even request it!!!!!...I reponded "WHAT THE HELL" I asked Det. Perez to call Ivan to verify that not only did she request it but she stated without it there would be NO loan eventhough I have my current car loan with Citi.

Very long story short as possible I am now being prosecuted for fraud and am going to trail July 22nd 2008......Anyone out there had this happen to you even if you are on the other side of this please repond ASAP.

Adupont
higley, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2008 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citi-Financial/Mesa-Arizona-85236/Citi-Financial-Manager-And-Loan-Officer-Anyone-else-Citi-has-done-this-to-PLEASE-READ-Mes-338866. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citi Financial

This Is Odd

AUTHOR: Rachel - (U.S.A.)

I find this very odd. I've had loans with Citi Financial before and I always shown proof of identification. Seems like Betty got herself in some hot water and trying to find a way out. Please post the outcome of the situation.