Complaint Review: Citi Home Depot Credit Card

• Submitted: Mon, October 03, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, October 04, 2011

• Reported By: Stay far far away from Home Depot Credit!!!! — Kerrville Texas United States of America
Citi Home Depot Credit Card
Sioux Falls, South Dakota United States of America

Citi Home Depot Credit Card Home Depot Charging late fees on top of a late fee they removed! Sioux Falls, South Dakota

*Consumer Comment: Cut it up!

*Consumer Comment: Sad

I have always made my payments on time every month since my Home Depot Credit Card was opened.  I accidentally paid a few minutes past 5:00 p.m. in August 2011.  I was charged a late fee for this.  I called to ask that the late fee be removed and I was told it was.  In September 2011 I paid the regular payment on time.  In October 2011 I received a letter that the account was past due before the payment due date.  I called and was told that the late fee had been removed from the balance, but not the payment.  They expected me to pay the removed late fee in September 2011 with my regular payment!  In October 2011 I have again been charged an additional late fee for not paying the 1st late fee that was removed from my account!  They said that this is a federal regulation and that they can do this!

This practice makes no sense to me why they are allowed to charge a late fee for a late fee that was removed!

They are also treating me like I've never paid them when I've paid them every month on time!

They offered me some kind of program to reduce the interest to 9.99% for 33 months and pay $20.00 a month which is more than the regular payment was. They also said that they would report the account as delinquent even when payments are made if I took their offer which I did not!

Also, when the account was first opened it had 6 months with no interest.  At the end of the 6 month period they charged interest for the entire 6 months of free interest!  I wanted to pay it off at the end of the 6 months and it didn't work out, but I really wish I did pay it off anyway!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2011 11:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citi-Home-Depot-Credit-Card/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57117/Citi-Home-Depot-Credit-Card-Home-Depot-Charging-late-fees-on-top-of-a-late-fee-they-remov-784195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citi Home Depot Credit Card

Cut it up!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

or max it out first, then cut it up.

Home depot sux.

Sad

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

It is sad when people who have no idea how Credit works gets Credit Cards.

- Yes because the late fee had already been applied to your account and your required payment.  But if the late fee was actually removed, that extra amount would have gone to reduce your balance...which is a good thing for you.  The same concept applies if you return something.  If your balance is for example $2000, your minimum payment is $100 and you return an item for a $40 credit.  That does not mean your payment is now only $60.  Your payment is still $100.

- If they are offering to reduce your interest rate and you can't afford $20 there is NO way you should have a credit card.  I bet you are paying a 20% interest rate and cutting it in half(or more) is a good thing.

- That's what happens with any special interest promotions.  When you don't pay it off, you get charged all of the accrued interest.

but I really wish I did pay it off anyway!
- I bet you did, but from several of your comments it appears it is a struggle to just make your minimums.