Complaint Review: Citi Prepaid Card Services

• Submitted: Wed, October 10, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 10, 2012

• Reported By: Heather — Kettering Ohio United States of America
Citi Prepaid Card Services

Citi Prepaid Card Services CitiBank Clueless company who outsources their CSR's, Internet

I have a prepaid debit card through this company for my payroll check. I recently tried to purchase tickets to a local event through a website using my prepaid card. I've used this card for everything, doesn't matter what it's for, I've never had a problem.

When I went to purchase my tickets online I entered all my info correctly but the website said invalid expiration date or security code. I tried a couple time and even called to resolve. Didn't work so I just used another card. I thought that was the end of it.

Next day I see the order for the tickets went through my account 5 times but all the charges were reversed. I thought great, Citi took care of it, my balance was correct and everything. I didn't even need to call, pfft.

2 days went by and I went to the ATM to get my money out, I couldn't and it showed I had a negative balance. So Monday I called and they told me they had to sync what the balance was showing online to their balance system and that it would be fixed by midnight that night. Tuesday morning I wake up to see I still can't get money out so I called again and they said they will have it fixed within 24 hours. Today I call (Wednesday) and it's still showing a negative balance so I called AGAIN only to be told I was given incorrect information and that it can take 24 to 48 BUSINESS hours!!

After arguing for 5 minutes I am basically told there is nothing they can do on their end and that it could take up to a week to have it fixed. And that I just have to wait patiently until it's done.
No logic what so ever. They have my money yet I can't get to it.

And each time I call it's just some Indian overseas who I can barely understand and just keeps repeating the same thing over and over. It's ridiculous to me how they can sit there and see clear as day the correct balance yet when you go and try to get the money out it's a completely different balance. After this incident I'll be making sure to just have my pay check direct deposited into an actual bank where I can speak to AMERICAN employees.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2012 06:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citi-Prepaid-Card-Services/internet/Citi-Prepaid-Card-Services-CitiBank-Clueless-company-who-outsources-their-CSRs-Internet-953657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citi Prepaid Card Services