Complaint Review: Citi Prepaid NA

Citi Prepaid NA
, Select State/Province USA

Citi Prepaid NA Nothing we can do for you sir. Nationwide

*Author of original report: Precisely

*Consumer Comment: Does not add up.

so I work for a company who issued the whole sales staff a prepaid citi card and dependent upon your performance you are awarded incentives.  You can only withdrawal $2000 at a time so I asked my wife to check the account today and to ssee about transferring some money into our savings account bc we are in the midst of purchasing some appliances. Well she proceeded with the transfer and there was no sign of being hit with a 2% fee of total amount in account which equated to $422.00. Once she clicked transfer it didnt promt a "are you willing tto pay a fee". so I called customer service and the guy said I'm sorry nothing we could do.  Didnt you read the terms and conditions when account was opened.  I said " yea"

but that was 5 years ago.  I must had forgot".  I proceeded to ask for supervisor and got the  same response.  "Sir I can't do anything for you since this was ach transfer.  Are you kidding me $422 flushed down drain just like that with warning.  Also online it states that your transfer will be receive in 2-3 days.   It actually is going to take 6 days.

i wwas robbed today By CITI!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2013 08:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citi-Prepaid-NA/Select-StateProvince/Citi-Prepaid-NA-Nothing-we-can-do-for-you-sir-Nationwide-1096972. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citi Prepaid NA

Precisely

AUTHOR: Jeremy - ()

You are right. I had $21,000+ in the account which resulted in the 2% fee of $422. Remember i stated of total amount in account. Withdrawal/Spend is different from Transferring. If you withdrawal or make a purchase you can only do up to the $2000 amount. So thanks for clarifying that it DOES add up.

Does not add up.

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

According to you the most you can withdraw at any one time is $2,000 and the Transfer Fee is 2%.  Well 2% of $2000 is only $40.  To get to $422 in fees you would have had to transfer $21,100.