• Report: #301981

• Submitted: Mon, January 21, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, January 21, 2008

• Reported By:Helotes Texas
Citi Residential / Ameriquest
P.O. Box 11000 Santa Ana, California U.S.A.

Citi Residential / Ameriquest, Ameriquest not only did not give me cash, but also cancelled my 20 yrs of Allstate Insurance without my permission. Santa Ana California

I also fell for the Ameriquest garbage and got a loan through them expecting cash to use how I saw fit instead they gave me (via the title company) checks to pay off my "outstanding debt". Ok, but, I had no outstanding debt (my home was even paid for and both cars) except for two seperate bills totaling under $500.00. They gave a whole list of people I supposedly owed, well I called and checked and wrote the companies and double checked and the title company even went as far as to send the checks in anyway, they were all returned saying I did not have an account or that I had no unpaid balances with them.

Ameriquest packed up and closed down 3 offices overnight in San Antonio the day after I signed and no one was answering questions. Well that was almost two yrs ago and the title company still has not "decided" on how to handle this.

Also, Ameriquest sent Allstate, my home owners insurance for more than 20yrs, a letter stating I would no longer be using them and to cancel my policy! I found out about it from a "sorry to see you go" letter stating when my policy had been cancelled, full coverage too! Now from what I understand the only four wall coverage I got from Ameriquest did not get passed on when Citi bought my note and now they are charging me double for four wall or should I say no coverage since it is only good if the house falls down forget a new roof or septic problems...not covered.

Also, tried to pay Citi online, couldn't, they had no place on their website it refers you automatically to an old Ameriquest site. They just really want to forclose on everyone they make it so hard to pay on time or automatically and keep adding a new unsubstantiated fee for this or that every other month. I don't know what to do next.

Helotes, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2008 07:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citi-Residential-Ameriquest/Santa-Ana-California-92711-1000/Citi-Residential-Ameriquest-Ameriquest-not-only-did-not-give-me-cash-but-also-cancelle-301981. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citi Residential / Ameriquest