Complaint Review: Citi Residential Lending

• Submitted: Fri, April 04, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, April 04, 2008

• Reported By:Wonder Lake Illinois
Citi Residential Lending
1100 Town And Country Rd. Orange, California U.S.A.

Citi Residential Lending Scam, Forced Escrow, Increased Interest rate Orange California

I started my 1st mtg ever with Ameriquest. Long story short, had to file ch.13 because idiot EX-wife didn't pay mtg. So, I was thrown into an ARM and the escrow was included. All to save home from foreclosure. So, now I have Citi Residential Lending Inc who has bought out AMC formerly Ameriquest and Argent too? My interst rate rose 2 percentage pts every 6 months, to a total of 12%. Since the feds lowered the rates, Citi was very generous and lowered mine 1 percentage point.

Recently I was sent a letter from Citi claiming I was behind $3000 for my escrow. I thought this was impossible since my TOTAL taxes last year were $2800. They raised my mtg to cover the cost of the new escrow. Instead, I paid the $3000 in full so my mtg would stay the same amount. When asked how they came to these figures of the escrow, they admitted that they just "guessed". I asked what happens to the escrow money that won't be used. They claim I'll get it back. We'll see. Also recently, I was sent a letter that stated I was behind in my mtg, and that they kicked my latest mtg check back because it didn't satisfy the default amount. Since I don't get any statements, I had no idea that I was behind.

So, I went ahead and sent the amount that they claimed I was behind. I'm really sick and tired of this company, and feel as if I'm getting scammed because all they want is my property. Anyone who can help or has suggestions on what to do with them is greatly appreciated. I won't be able to try and refi until Sep '08 when the bankruptcy is finally discharged. I want to get rid of this company ASAP! Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Steve
Wonder Lake, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2008 10:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citi-Residential-Lending/Orange-California-92868/Citi-Residential-Lending-Scam-Forced-Escrow-Increased-Interest-rate-Orange-California-323839. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citi Residential Lending