Complaint Review: CitiCard Mastercard (Citibank)

• Submitted: Thu, July 02, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 02, 2009

• Reported By:Gresham Oregon
CitiCard Mastercard (Citibank)
citicards.com The Lakes, Nevada U.S.A.

CitiCard Mastercard (Citibank) Raised my interest rate to 29% after one payment missed in error!! The Lakes Nevada

I have had a CitiCard Mastercard since 2006 without any problems, until now. I left the country in March to teach English in Ecuador, and switched my account from sending monthly payments by check to auto-pay through my savings account. I was not planning to use the card, just paying the minimum balance while I was gone. When I returned this month and looked closely at my balance, I realized that I was paying a HUGE amount of interest, and hardly any on the $2000 balance. When I called to ask about the change, I was told that I had missed the February payment, so my interest rate increased to 29%! When I explained that I had changed to auto-pay before leaving the country, the operator tried to go back and change things, but told me that the system wouldn't let her and that I would be charged the 29% for at least 12 months worth of on-time payments. I am very frustrated, as I now have no money, no job, no car, etc etc, and was trying in good faith to keep the minimum payments going. I guess they will just have to eat it!! (But, so will I, with a reduced credit rating!).

Laura
Gresham, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2009 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CitiCard-Mastercard-Citibank/The-Lakes-Nevada-89163/CitiCard-Mastercard-Citibank-Raised-my-interest-rate-to-29-after-one-payment-missed-in-467183. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CitiCard Mastercard (Citibank)

mothers