Complaint Review: CitiFinancial Auto

• Submitted: Mon, June 30, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 08, 2008

• Reported By:Mounds View Minnesota
CitiFinancial Auto
www.citifinancialauto.com Bedford, Texas U.S.A.

CitiFinancial Auto I am unable to get a lien release on the car Bedford Texas

*Author of original report: Only took well over two years

We refinanced our house to get the money needed to pay off this debt. It was paid off in full in November of 2006. Now nearly two years later we still have not received the lien release.

Since May 29th we have been trying to get this taken care of. First they said it was sent to the bank. We checked the bank .. they never received one. Called citifinancial back. They still said they sent it to the bank because the check had the banks name on it. We finally went to the bank again and the bank called them (citifinancial) and explained they were never sent a release.

After many many phone calls to India and sometimes Texas, they said it would be mailed out on the 19th of June '08.

Today is the 30th and now they are saying they will mail out another release within 2 to 4 days.

Incidentally the bank has no interest in the car at all. It was only because we sent citifinancial the bank check that they (supposedly) sent them the release. Also the bank stated that if they had sent it to them it would have been in our files.

I have filed a complaint with the BBB. Don't know how well that will work though.

Don
Mounds View, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2008 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CitiFinancial-Auto/Bedford-Texas-76095-7189/CitiFinancial-Auto-I-am-unable-to-get-a-lien-release-on-the-car-Bedford-Texas-345820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CitiFinancial Auto

Only took well over two years

AUTHOR: Don - (U.S.A.)

Finally on July 8th 2008 we got the lien release on our car. I filed a report with the BBB (no mail from them) and also filed a report to my Attorney General (also no mail from them). I don't know if filing the two complaints helped or not. However, it helped me to feel better.

Thanks for letting me sound off on here.
Don