Complaint Review: CitiFinancial Auto

• Submitted: Tue, November 28, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, June 04, 2007

• Reported By:Lake City South Dakota
CitiFinancial Auto
1111 Northpoint Dr Coppell, Texas U.S.A.

CitiFinancial Auto Ultimate Fraud, Harrassement and Dishonest Company I've ever dealt with Coppell Texas

*Consumer Comment: send them a letter.

*Consumer Comment: I know what you are going through

*Consumer Suggestion: The soultion is simple...

My husband and I have purchased nine vehicles from our local credit union over the years. We decided to finance our new car through the dealership and get our credit established with a new lender.

We have had nothing but horror since purchasing our car only a few months ago! First, they lost our second payment that was sent by money order. Our bank confirmed for us, after a lot of investigation, that Citifinancial had cashed the money order. We never got the credit for it. Secondly, Citifinancial started saying we didn't have car insurance and that they were going to charge us $110.00 a week for insurance. I faxed, our insurance agent faxed and then finally our insurance agent called to verify that we had insurance...their response? It will take 6 weeks to remove the charges from the account.

Because of this insurance fraud, they are now saying our payment is late, we have calls coming to our home every 1/2 hour of the day and they wouldn't take our payment because they said the insurance hadn't been cleared up.

They also started calling us after we'd gone to bed, called my husband's mother and father who are in their mid-eighties and also are calling our places of work.

If anyone can help us with this, please HELP! We just can't take this harrasement, threats, keeping us awake all night long with their computer calls!

Laurie
Lake City, South Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2006 06:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CitiFinancial-Auto/Coppell-Texas-75019/CitiFinancial-Auto-Ultimate-Fraud-Harrassement-and-Dishonest-Company-Ive-ever-dealt-with-222737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CitiFinancial Auto

send them a letter.

AUTHOR: Rhonda - (U.S.A.)

we kept getting the phone calls and you can write a letter to stop the harrassing phone calls. we did it and it has worked we dont get anymore phone calls.they contact us by mail and thats all they can do after you write the letter.

I know what you are going through

AUTHOR: Shannon - (U.S.A.)

Hi I have been through the constant calls, the rude behavior. I couldn't pay for the repair costs of my vehicle so they paid for the repairs and then repossessed my vehicle. I could not get a straight answer out of anyone, I was transferred several times, yelled at and belittled.

I was going to file a better business report against them; but changed my mind when I saw that there were over 1,200 complaints against them. I could not believe that this company is still in business. They have so many entities in so many different states they have the attitude of being untouchable. They can do what and say what ever they want and get away with it. They have 167 complaints here.

I want to get as many people together as I can and file a suit against them maybe this will stop them. Contact your local Attorney general and anyone who governs lending and file a complaint with them. get as many people in your area as you can that have dealt with them and have them file a complaint as well. If they can bombard us with phone calls night and day then we can bombard them with complaints.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

The soultion is simple...

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Just go back to the credit union that you have a relationship with and have them refinance the car. End of problems. Never fails to surprise me how many folks have an established relationship with a bank or credit union, yet go elsewhere.

Banker John