Complaint Review: CitiFinancial Auto

• Submitted: Fri, January 05, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, December 09, 2008

• Reported By:Arlington Texas
CitiFinancial Auto
2208 Highway 121 Euless, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 817-684-8703
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

CitiFinancial Auto Threatening Calls, Harrasment, Yelling from Customer Service Reps, Came to my home Ripoff Euless Texas

*Consumer Comment: my 2 cents

*Consumer Suggestion: bankruptcy

I have had several issues with Citifinancial Auto. The first came when I had called in September of 2005 and requested to have my automatic payment date changed to the 16th. They did not make the change correctly instead they set it for the week before. Caused $614 in overdraft fees had my account messed up for a month. I also spoke with an Andrew who assured me for 2 weeks that the problem would be fixed. It took them 2 payments and 4 weeks to get it straight. In order for this to happen I had to be on the phone everyday talking to 5 different people before it was cleared up. I had to change banks. It took 5 months after that to get all of my other creditors back on track.

In August of 2006 I ended up losing my job and got behind in my payments. I received so many calls from them that my message center on my homephone was filled. I understand that the calls need to be made, I tried communicating with the representatives only to be told that it was my fault and if I was more responsible I would not be in this mess. When I got another job I tried to make arrangements to catch up. I received calls from a person named Darren. I was threatened, I was told that if I did not make 2 payments that day which was a Wednesday the car would be picked up. I told him that I could not do anything until that friday which was my payday and that I did not have all of the money. I was told to go to a pay day advance place and if I didn't come up with the money they car would be picked up. I was told that I had to pay by quick collect because they were not accepting any other form of payment.

I could not get the payday advance so I was given until 9:00am on Friday to get the money. I missed the deadline due to bad road conditions I received a nasty call from Darren saying that I was given a deadline and i did not meet that deadline I tried to explain about the road conditions I could not meet the deadline because I was going to be late for work I told him that I would take an early lunch in about 15 mins and would pay it then. He yelled at me saying that is not what I told you to do, you did not meet the deadline we are picking up the car all other arrangements are off and hung up the phone. I was literally in tears. I have never been spoken to like that. I made the two payments and a third payment 2 weeks later. I was told that I could not be late anymore and he was the last straw, when the file get to his desk that means my car is going to be reposssed. I am currently due for November and December payment according to them. I know that I had been behind, I had made a serious effort to catch up. After making those 3 payments I still received calls on my job, at my home, and my cell phone. Yet after all this harrassment I have yet to receive anythig in writing from them stating that my car will be repossessed. Each time the threat is made I am asked where the car is. Before I started working with Darren someone showed up at my home asking for payment. Left a note for me to call a representative who happened to be on vacation everytime I would call.

After making 3 payments in one month in an effort to become current I still received harrassing phone calls. By different representatives and all making threats, when I stated that nothing could be done until my next payday, I was told that answer was unacceptable. When I lost my job I became behind in all my bills. I had been trying to correct the problem since I received another job. I found that there is no reasoning with them. Is there an attorney out there that can give advice on how to stop these people. Does law say that when you stop answering the phone after a creditor makes repeated calls they can come to your home and harrass you?

This company has really gotten out of hand. I can't refinance at this time because my credit is not favorable because of being out of work. I have not been on my current job long enough to show stability. What can I do?

Shannon
Arlington, Texas

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on citifinancial

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2007 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CitiFinancial-Auto/Euless-Texas-76039/CitiFinancial-Auto-Threatening-Calls-Harrasment-Yelling-from-Customer-Service-Reps-Came-228879. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CitiFinancial Auto

my 2 cents

AUTHOR: Nuri - (U.S.A.)

Im not sure but I think its about $1000.00 per call if they call you on your cell phone.
now get your cell phone bill, Identfy their calls(time and day), call them back and ask for the money. It they dont pay, you can collect, use internet to educate yourself on how to do it for free.

Next time the collector calls you, try nicely to deal with them, but try to get the persond name, collection company name, record date and time, and finally tell him not to call you again. Educate yourself about collection bussines usin google search...ie..how to deal with collection agency...

That way you will buy yourself time to organise yourself, and also, if all you wrote is tru, then you can make some good money too.

Forget the lawyers, use google. Educate yourself.

AUTHOR: Citigurl - (U.S.A.)

Once u are wrkign again. Ask for some assistance. Call in and see if ur eligible for a deferment. Thats where payments are moved to maturing balance on your loan. If ur eligible you'll more than likely have to make a pymt, we offer 1-3 months to be moved. That way wou'll be able to get back on track. Then once you are current call customer and get a due date change if that it part of the problem.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

bankruptcy

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

I read your report. I think it is very low, all of the tactics that Citifinancial is using. I don't think it's within the law for them to send someone to your physical address to demand a payment. I'm not a pro on collection laws, but that's gotta be illegal.

Going by what you wrote, it does sound like the only option would be to file a bankruptcy. Sprry to hear that CF is giving you such a nightmare.

respective