Complaint Review: CitiMortage

• Submitted: Wed, June 18, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 18, 2008

• Reported By:sugar land Texas
CitiMortage
5280 Corporate Drive Frederick, Maryland U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-283-7918
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

CitiMortage Refuse to let me payoff my mortgage... shameless tactics Frederick Maryland

Tried to payoff my mortgage with CitiMortage. Called to get a payoff quote and will not give it to me over the phone. Phone system said will mail within 7 business days. Did not receive on the 8th business day and went to a Citibank center to pay it off.

While in the citibank, had to call mortgage dept myself and get a quote. Asked for payoff quote, guy on the phone said "refinance?". I told him no, had to explain what a payoff quote is. Still refuse to give me a hard number, asked if I want in mail or fax, told him I'm already at their bank and just want to pay off the loan, need to know my principle + interest as of today.

Finally given me a number...
Went to pay at the teller, first teller said no prob before I made the call. The guy on the phone said no prob pay at the bank. The second teller said no you can't pay off your mortgage here. She even made an attempt to call their customer service to make sure. I asked her why I can't pay it off, she can take mortgage payments there, it's exactly like how she enters a mortgage payments, you enter the principle and extra principle and interest a person is paying (I used to work at a bank), she still refused. I was tired of paying games with her so I asked for a manager, she went on arguing and said "sure I can get you a manager but they'll tell you the same thing". Never got me a manager. I was so upset I closed all my accounts with them right there and then!

I know Citibank is going through a hard time right now but didn't think they're using that low of a tactic to keep $2 worth of interest. I know what kinda of games they're playing, the later I pay off the mortgage, the more interest they earn. What a rotten company.

Mandi
sugar land, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2008 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CitiMortage/Frederick-Maryland-21703/CitiMortage-Refuse-to-let-me-payoff-my-mortgage-shameless-tactics-Frederick-Maryland-341725. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CitiMortage