- Report: #774135
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: CitiMortgage Inc.
CitiMortgage Inc.One Assurant Way Springfield, Ohio United States of America
CitiMortgage Inc. CitiMortgage Inc. Property Damages Dept. Stalling Tactics Springfield, Ohio
On 3/3 I received another check from my insurance company and again I mailed it to my mortgage company the same day. I followed the exact same procedure as I did with the earlier check. The mortgage company endorsed it and returned it to me on 3/10 and I received it on 3/16. This check was for around $10,000. This is when the problems began. On 3/10 I received a letter stating that because of the amount of the previous checks exceeded a certain amount the procedure would now change.
They sent me a packet of forms and in the letter they requested the adjusters worksheet and the contractors signed contract. I called the number on the letter and told them that we would be acting as our own contractor and that in fact all of the work was completed. They then told me all they needed was the adjusters worksheet and one of the forms in the packet titled Certification of Completion of Repairs.
They also stated the form would need to be signed by myself and my husband. I told them my husband was in Afghanistan and I would need to mail it to him. I then recalled that I could sign the form with a Power of Attorney, so I sign his and my name to the form and faxed it along with a copy of the Power of Attorney and the Adjusters worksheet all 33 pages for a total of 55 pages. This was faxed on 3/17.
I had no reason to believe there would be a problem as everything had gone smoothly up to that point. I stupidly did not keep a copy of the fax confirmation, after all, I had my checks and they had the requested documents.
Now comes the big problem, after about five months back and forth with the insurance company I finally receive a check for the holdback which was about $5900.00. This is basically the difference between the actual value of the repairs and the replacement cost of the repairs that the insurance company will hold until they receive copies of all the paid receipts.
On 8/9 I forwarded the check to the mortgage company explaining what it was for and mailed it un-endorsed as per the previous procedure. I received the un-endorsed check back from the mortgage company on 8/23 with a letter dated 8/17 saying they were returning the check as my husband and I had not endorsed it. Again I am on the phone with them explaining that per their previous correspondence I was not to endorse the check prior to mailing. Again I explained that my husband was in Afghanistan and I would have to endorse it for him which should be ok because they had a copy of the POA.
Guess what, they had no record of receiving anything from me. No POA, no forms nothing except the checks. Now they want a Certification of Intent to Repair/Homeowner Completed Repairs, a copy of the POA, proof of payments, and a loss summary worksheet to be completed by me and the adjusters worksheet. I faxed all of that back along with the letters to the claims adjuster detailing the receipts that were attached to each one, and a copy of my check register.
This was all returned with the check endorsed by me on 8/24 along with the amended adjusters worksheet. Explaining that I was expecting a prompt reply as I had materials that were charged to my credit card at no interest and that if I did not pay them by 9/12 all of the deferred interest would be due and they would be paying the interest if the check were not promptly endorsed and returned. As a follow up, I faxed everything I was mailing just in case they "lost" it again. This time keeping the fax confirmation showing 57 pages faxed.
On 8/29 I received a message from Kim saying they had what they needed and would be requesting an inspection. I called back on 8/30 and told Jonathon that the time line given in the message would not be adequate, plus now they want to deposit the check and re-issue one to me when they have received the inspection report. I explained to Jonathon, the importance of completing this by 9/12 as I stated before. He assured me they would try to expedite this by sending it to a manager for approval.
I also explained to Jonathon that I had not received a call from the inspector. This is where he gets his script out and states it takes 5 days to schedule an inspection, 2 days for the inspector to file the report, 2-10 days to request a draft and then 2 days to send it to me by Fed-Ex. I hung up on Jonathon.
On 9/3 the Saturday of Labor day weekend the inspector calls around 6:30 PM saying he will be here in 20-30 minutes. When he came he did not have the adjusters worksheet that the mortgage company said he would need so he would know what to inspect. He took 2 maybe 3 pictures, I explained to him at that time that the kitchen floor tile was being replaced and was not completed but that this should not be a problem as the insurance company was not paying for that we were. I signed a form saying that he was there and he left. The whole process took less than 15 minutes.
Today 9/7, I receive a message from Mary Ellen saying they can only release 90% of the funds because the tile in the kitchen was not done. Now I am furious, I don't remember who I spoke to when I called back, but I told him that the tile in the kitchen had nothing to do with the claim as I explained to them and to the adjuster and that the check had better be in Fed Ex to me tomorrow because I had to pay the credit card company by 9/12.
Out comes the script and he tells me it will take 3-5 days to get the draft approved and released and 2 days to Fed-Ex. I told him they could just go ahead and add in the interest of $400 something dollars while they were at it and hung up.
At this point if I do not receive a check by Friday I am ready to sue them for my lost time and expenses incurred for the many faxes and mailings plus the interest plus the amount of the draft that they deposited. They can also pay me interest for the amount of time they held my money in their account. If I weren't so close to the end of my mortgage. I would refinance. It is bad enough to have to basically remove everything on the ground floor, live in a hotel for 4 months, try to hire someone to do the repairs which was hard due to all of the freeze claims that occurred the week after my claim and all of this while my husband is serving in Afghanistan so stupid people like this can keep a job!
By the way all of their correspondence says they will respond within 3-5 business days. They must have longer days in Ohio than everyone else in the country.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2011 07:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CitiMortgage-Inc/Springfield-Ohio-45505/CitiMortgage-Inc-CitiMortgage-Inc-Property-Damages-Dept-Stalling-Tactics-Springfield-O-774135. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.