Complaint Review: CitiMortgage

• Submitted: Tue, October 05, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, October 05, 2004

• Reported By:Marysville Ohio
CitiMortgage
1000 Technology Drive O'Fallen, Missouri U.S.A.

CitiMortgage - Citifinancial Ripoff ALL THE SAME COMPANY UNAUTHORIZED withdraws from my checking account multiple times then stopped pay on a REFUND THEY owe ME O'Fallen Missouri

June 2004 CitiMortgage withdrew funds of over $1300 from my checking acct WITHOUT authorization. After numerous calls, reps "accidently" dropping my calls, every person I speak with doesn't speak english, you name it. I was told to write a request and fax to Payment Research and "I would be contacted". I received no conatct until Collections called me and demanded a payment. MR. Mendez said I must make the monthly payment again for June until the investigation at their office took place. I explained to him what happened and he said "I MUST pay today". I did a check over the phone for my monthly payment of $1090.68 and re-verfied the amt. He said all would be taken care of and I would be contacted.

Three days later I check my checking account and they once again took the wrong amount out of my checking account. And then AGAIN! Three times this happened! I was told the same bologna about faxing my dispute to never-never-land and I did. Now I am in the negative more than once, depleted my savings because of this and my credit is getting destroyed because of it.
A month later I received a check in the mail for a refund of NSF fees, late charges, interest, etc. Which mind you, because of their error interest just keeps accruing and so do the late fees, returned check fees, you name it. I cashed and deposited the check. My regular monthly bill paying continued for the month, paying day care, mortgage, insurance, etc. I get a call from my bank advising me "CITIMORTGAGE STOPPED PAY ON THAT REFUND THEY OWED YOU"..

I started to receive dasty letters in the mail from CitiMortgage collections calls every day, multiple times during the day at work and home. nO One can ever call me or even attempt to help. My mortgage is still past due 1 month because of this! I was advised however several months later that at the end of July, CitiMortgage re-issued a refund check for over $1300 and mysterously, no one knows what happened to it or can they track it.

SEVERAL PROBLEMS: CitiMortgage did NOT have authorization even after RE-CONFIRMING the correct dollar amts, to withdraw funds however they please - I am on a buydown! CitiMortgage owed me a refund because of their errors, late charges, NSF fees from my checking account, interest for a month, etc. It adds up. I just want to know after about fifty phone calls why is it that NO ONE can help or even begin to understand their. I am tired of their shady practices and tired of getting harrassed because of THEIR mistake! I NEED ANSWERS, RESULTS AND A MORTGAGE, LATE FEES, NSF FEES, INTEREST AND CREDIT FIXED. I must know how they can legally withdraw $ with out my CONSENT!

Kimmie
Marysville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2004 08:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CitiMortgage/OFallen-Missouri-63304/CitiMortgage-Citifinancial-Ripoff-ALL-THE-SAME-COMPANY-UNAUTHORIZED-withdraws-from-my-ch-1032217. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CitiMortgage