Complaint Review: CitiMortgage

• Updated: Fri, December 07, 2012

• Reported By: beretta45cal — Cookeville Tennessee United States of America
CitiMortgage
Nationwide United States of America

CitiMortgage Citi Bank They foreclosed on us and locked our personal belongings up and auction them off with the house! Internet, Nationwide

*General Comment: Tennessee is a primitive non-judicial state and because of this, you are..........

*Author of original report: Making Payments on Time!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: So explain this.......

*Author of original report: To The Citi Employee!

*Consumer Comment: Citi Mortgage wants YOUR house Regardless of whether you are a paying on time

*Consumer Comment: I'm an X employee.........

*Author of original report: Are You An Employee of Citi?

*Consumer Comment: Word up

*Consumer Comment: Why the added insult????

*Consumer Comment: abandoned property

We were foreclosed on and CitiMortgage and the people working their are nothing but crooks for the company and they locked our personal belongings up and they were auctioned off with the house. Is this legal or could I file a lawsuite?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2012 12:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CitiMortgage/nationwide/CitiMortgage-Citi-Bank-They-foreclosed-on-us-and-locked-our-personal-belongings-up-and-auc-907945. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CitiMortgage

#1 General Comment

AUTHOR: Ringo Lapual - (United States of America)

S. O. L.  !!!!

Tennessee is a non-judicial foreclosure state. Tennessee commonly uses a deed of trust to secure real property. The deed of trust names a trustee, who holds its legal title to the property and is authorized by the security instrument to commence default proceedings. Foreclosure proceedings may be initiated (pursuant to the power of sale provisions from the deed of trust) upon receipt of the minimum of the recorded deed of trust and a current payoff and per diem; however, a referral package containing copies of the note, deed of trust, any assignments of the deed of trust and the title policy is preferable. When default occurs in payment or any other terms or conditions required by the deed of trust, the trustee is empowered to advertise the property for sale. The non judicial process provides that advertisements must appear three times in a newspaper regularly published in the county where the sale is to take place.

If President Obama and his advisors truly had the interests of the little guy and middle class at heart they would have come out strongly against the non-judicial barbaric foreclosure methods.  Non-judicial state laws give the lenders all the legal advantages and the citizen NO ADVANTAGE, even when the citizen has been defrauded.  People who lost jobs because of the big banks overheating the economy, no problem ---same bank(s) steal their homes, equity and belongings if they move fast.  Sick people, old people who fall behind on their payments....No problem, get the local swat team if necessary and kick the scumbags out.  This is America, where the big banks seldom lend and torture the public after they destroyed the economy.  These banks who caused the job losses, foreclosure and student loan crisis, contributed heavily to the campaigns of both Obama and Romney, which is why NOTHING concrete was mentioned during the campaign.  You see, neither really has the public interests at heart and money is their God.   It may take 50 years, but this country is going to go down the drain big time.  A civil war, nuclear terrorism or even a major weather disaster such as a major EMP power grid long term interruption.  If you want to live on, be prepared and learn to live on a cash basis and out of the hands of this corporate and political monsters.  Be prepared to defend yourselves at any cost.

Making Payments on Time!

AUTHOR: beretta45cal - (United States of America)

We bought the house in 2000 and lived in the house for 12 years and had never missed a payment or had any problems, up until around 2007 or 2008 when Citi Bought the mortgage and then when I made 2 payments in 1 month and they only applied one adn I spoke with several different employee's who didn't believe me even after sending them a copy of the 2 checks, all they would say was send us another check and laugh about the matter and it taking me 6 months and an attorney to get the check appyied,

we started working out a loan motification and in this process a lot of the Citi employee's were replaced including the one I'd been working who was nice and willing to help, the new ones were very unfriendly and unprofessional and I did not trust them and I owed more on the house than it was worth and I was tried of fighting with their employee's and I just let it go, but being on disability they could have let me get the rest of my things out, but that's alright, I've been blessed with another nicer house and no bank involved, God will give you what you need, maybe not what you want, so I'm not worried about the old house, it was Citi's lost and my gain!

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

So explain this.......

AUTHOR: Clomc - (U.S.A.)

........if you've been making your payments on time and never missed a payment how can they foreclose on you?

To The Citi Employee!

AUTHOR: beretta45cal - (United States of America)

I would be ashamed to admit that I worked for a big company who could not manage their business and needed a bail out from the tax payers, I'm on disability and I had no help and was in the process of removing my belongings when they were locked up, so who do you think you are to tell me that I broke a contract, may God have mercy on your soul, End Of Story!

Citi Mortgage wants YOUR house Regardless of whether you are a paying on time

AUTHOR: Len - (USA)

Exact same thing happened to me. Citi sent one of my mortgage checks to the original loan broker Diablo Funding (which interestingly no longer exists) for an uknown reason, and they have ruined my credit for the last 8 years as a result. Now they are threatening to foreclose!!

Would appreciate to know more about your situation. My ordeal has been going on for 8 years. No one at Citi Mortgage will talk to me other than the regular harrassement phone calls.
It reached a new low today as citi bank sent a pickup truck to my house - a guy wanted to enter my property to take pictures when I eventually was able to determine he was sent to harrass and intimidate us from Citi...I found all this out after calling the police.

I have paid my mortage on time every single month for the last 8 years at 5.25% interest rate. They have gone ahead and ruined my credit for THEIR mistake which they refuse to acknowledge, respond to, or fix. And, now they are harrassing and threatening my family and trying to break into my house.

Fight back.

I'm an X employee.........

AUTHOR: Clomc - (U.S.A.)

10 years in the industry.........

No matter what they did, in the end you broke a contract; end of story.

Are You An Employee of Citi?

AUTHOR: beretta45cal - (United States of America)

Unless you are, you don't really know what you're talking about, we had problems for years with Citi, made 2 payments in one month and 1 was just apply to the mortgage, had to get an attorney and 6 months to get that straighten out, biggest bunch of most unprofessional employee's I've ever had to deal with, interest rate of 6.85%, always wanting my debit card number, We were still in the process of moving when it was locked up and I could go on and yes Fannie Mae owned the loan, banks have been and will always be nothing but crooks, money changer's, but guess what material things don't mean a thing to me and these banks will be and are being brought down, in the name of Jesus Christ I Pray, Amen.

Word up

AUTHOR: Clomc - (U.S.A.)

How can they put this on the ripoff report?  You took out a loan for house and I'm guessing you didn't want to pay it back on the terms that you agree to.  Citi didn't rip you off, you ripoff Citi and the investor that lent you the money.  Odds are Citi isn't the investor, they are the servicer, and I'm 99.9% sure that Citi tried to work this out with you before you just walked out.  Foreclosure starts at 120 down on the mortgage payment, did you think that you were going to live in this house fro free?  Do you think you can rent for free?  You need to take a good long look in the mirror and really see who is to blame for you foreclosure.

Why the added insult????

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Wow team Rebutt has sunk to a new low. The OP lost everything and you attack.

abandoned property

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

You were given advance notice of the foreclosure but failed to take your personal property when you moved out. The abandoned property is no longer yours.