• Report: #231918

• Submitted: Mon, January 22, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, January 22, 2007

• Reported By:greenville North Carolina
Citibank Gateway
citibank.com Demoines, Iowa U.S.A.

Citibank Gateway computer scam Demoines Iowa

In 1999 I noticed that there was an account on my credit report from Citibank Gateway with the balance of 1600.00 I had not bought a computer or even called about one so I called them and they told me that I had ordered it and not payed.

I asked them how it was delivered and they said UPS so knowing that you have to sign for the package I asked them what signature had signed for it. They said they did not require a signature. Now who in there right mind is going to deliver a 1600.00 computer and not ask for a signature. It has been 8 years and I have disputed this account so many times but they kept saying it was a valid account since they had my ssn.

I had called the credit bearue and they told me that it would disappear after 7 years so a few days ago I looked up my credit report and noticed that now it says that the account was opened in 2005 which is 6 years later than what was on it earlier. So I called citibank this morning and asked them about it she looked up all my informaton and said that there is no account in my name. NOW WHAT DO I DO???

Jennifer
greenville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2007 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citibank-Gateway/Demoines-Iowa/Citibank-Gateway-computer-scam-Demoines-Iowa-231918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citibank Gateway