- Report: #290012
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Citibank - Sears MasterCard Accounts
Citibank - Sears MasterCard AccountsP.O. Box 6191 Sioux Falls, South Dakota U.S.A.
Citibank - Sears MasterCard Accounts Allowed Servers to be hacked resulting in identity theft Sioux Falls South Dakota
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I was one of the customers receiving a call from Citibank. The first thing I was asked was had I recently moved from California to Indianapolis? No. Had I recently made a purchase of nearly $2900 using my Sears Mastercard? No. Well, then, I was the victim of fraud.
Not only had the perpetrators tried to use my credit card to purchase the jewelry, but they also changed the billing address to an address in Indianapolis and used my SS#, birthdate and name to open another Sears charge card.
Apparently, this exact same scenario has been happening for at least two years:
1. Steal Sears/Citibank account number and account holder's identity.
2. Transfer account to another address.
3. Purchase merchandise online with stolen account number.
4. Open up Sears Store card using stolen identities.
5. Open other accounts with stolen identities.
Apparently, Sears/Citibank has had their servers hacked and they are keeping it from everyone.
If this scenario has happened to you, please contact me at (((ROR REDACTED)))
San DIego, California
CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2007 05:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citibank-Sears-MasterCard-Accounts/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57117-6161/Citibank-Sears-MasterCard-Accounts-Allowed-Servers-to-be-hacked-resulting-in-identity-th-290012. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.