Complaint Review: Citibank

• Submitted: Mon, November 28, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, November 28, 2011

• Reported By: Etrainerspy — Baltimore Maryland U.S.A.
Citibank
701 E. 60 Street Sioux Falls, South Dakota United States of America

Citibank Citibank, N.D. *** Citibank Rips off Unemployed Man *** Sioux Falls, South Dakota

*Consumer Comment: Have you?

*Consumer Comment: I understand

I am writing this complaint for all of the world to see. It is frustrating when you are diligently trying to find adequate employment for oneself in this messed up economy. I live in the state of Maryland and have been dependant on state employment benefits to make ends meet.

Maryland pays out unemployment benefits by providing a debit card controlled by Citibank. Citibank has a list of surcharge free ATM locations from which I can make withdrawals. However, each time I get my online statements, I find that they keep charging me for my "surcharge free" ATM withdrawals. I have called their customer support and each time the rep would reverse the charges. However, this recent time, today, the rep was unwilling to reverse them claiming that I am entitled to only four surcharge free ATM withdrawals. Either they recently changed their policy or I was never informed by them originally. This is ridiculous. I have done my best to avoid such charges. When I first receive the card, I called a customer rep. to insure that I can withdraw money without getting any type of charge. I was informed of my options but never was informed by a rep. that there was a limit per month.

This policy was never presented to me before. When you go to the Citibank ATM machine you are never warned about the surcharge which has been my normal experience when using other ATM machines. I believe that Citibank deliberately did this. So, I want the world to know that CITIBANK TAKES ADVANTAGE OF A POOR UNEMPLOYED MAN.

I wish only that the State of Maryland would either deposit money into my bank account or issue me a check. This is another way for Citibank to rip off innocent people. They are crooks. I stopped using credit cards years ago because of the credit card providers abuses. I really needed that money for food and shelter mostly, and now I have to skip some meals just to pay my rent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2011 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citibank/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57104/Citibank-Citibank-ND-Citibank-Rips-off-Unemployed-Man-Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-802295. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citibank

Have you?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Actually contacted the State about your question?

Because directly from their site...

How can I access my unemployment insurance benefit payments using my debit card?

To access your funds with your card, free of charge, you can:
Access cash through bank tellers at any bank that accepts Visa
Transfer your unemployment insurance payments to your personal bank account (similar to direct deposit)
Withdraw cash from an ATM at: Citibank branches, MoneyPass ATM network, STARsf/Allpoint ATM network,and 7-Eleven stores
Get cash back at select retail point-of-sale locationsMake purchases through signature or pin-based transactions

------------------------------

I bolded the one that may be of interest to you.  Okay so it's not a direct deposit but since they state the funds are available the same day they deposit it this should be able to be transferred pretty quickly.

I understand

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

I would also be angry if someone took my free money.