Complaint Review: Citibank

, Texas USA
  • Phone: 972-546-7684
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Citibank There was a Callie, Adam They called and left a message that we qualified for a loan from $1000-10,000. We told them we could use $5000.00, they told us we needed to put the initial "first installment of $155.00 on a green dot money voucher. that we could buy from Wahlgreens or CVS pharmacy. We went to look a the cards to buy, and noticed that they could only load $500.00 at the most. and the clerk at the store told us that they have been getting a lot of people coming to buy them for the same thing. Texas

They contacted me and left a message on my cell. I called them back and left a message. but the person on the other end said that they were Adam with Citibank and that he was away from his desk and to leave a message. So I did. They returned the call and verified my email address and my address. They informed me that i qualified for a loan from $1000-$10,000. Then I put my husband on the phone as I could not understand them. They informed my husband to buy a "green dot money voucher for $4.95, and put the first months installment of $155 on it" then call them back. We we're going to get $5000.00. We went to Wahlgreens to get it and noticed that on the card that the limit that could be loaded was $20-$500.00. And my husband and I decided against it, because how were they going to put the money on it if it had a limit of $500. they at first asked if we had a bank account, I was leary about that so i told them that we didn't. One of the clerks at Wahlgreens told us that they have sold a lot of the cards because someone told them the same thing we were told. I googled the phone number and was shown it was in Texas and that it was not a spam number. but after we found about the limit of the card, we decided against it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2013 05:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citibank/Texas/Citibank-There-was-a-Callie-Adam-They-called-and-left-a-message-that-we-qualified-for-a-1085606. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citibank