Complaint Review: Citibank

• Submitted: Tue, September 11, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, January 16, 2013

• Reported By: MADASHECK — New York United States of America
Citibank

Citibank Being held hostage in a foreign country via my bank Internet

*Consumer Comment: Rights

This open letter is in response to a letter received on September 8, 2012 but  dated August 29,2012 from a citibank VP. Holds have been placed on the two accounts. I am a pensioner with social security these are guaranteed EFTs. Last month I  had surprise expenses and was receiving a wire transfer from an associate.  Somehow on August 24,2012 the wire transfer was blocked by the Freeport branch.

As well my September 1st pension deposit which goes in every month on the first.  My cosigner who currently is on medical bed rest called the bank and the other  two parties to get to the bottom of the situation. The Branch representative stated that EFTs aren't guaranteed funds and but they would take a cash deposit  from anybody who was acting as our agent since my cosigner could not leave her  bed. So another person went to another branch (Relative lives out of state) Her  attempt to make deposit was not allowed and it was cash.

Cosigner and I then  called Citibank(3 way call) and were told no deposit could be made on the  account until is was brought up to date.  That was an interesting  phrase. I then called my place of my former employment which I had retired  from which send me my monthly pension via EFT. After 3 days of investigation the  money wired to my Citibank accounts which has been placed on hold is in limbo  some how. Monthly I get wired closed to 2000 dollars from my pension, as well as  my associate who resides in Canada whose wire transfer was blocked which would  more than cover the accidentally overdrawn funds. I am now stuck in a country  which no longer has a Citibank branch and have been trying to return home since  September 2 since my cosigner has fallen ill.

This  situation goes beyond hardship. I am trying to make good with Citibank in  regards to this oversight; but where are my funds since the parties that handle  my pension and my associate's bank accounts who sent EFTs show a paper and  electronic trails that stop at your bank branch? I am holding on to all  correspondence in anticipation of the resolution of this misunderstanding and  thank you in advance.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2012 07:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citibank/internet/Citibank-Being-held-hostage-in-a-foreign-country-via-my-bank-Internet-939469. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citibank

Rights

AUTHOR: yourrights - (United States of America)

Know your ripoff rights.  The government now has a powerful agency to stop bad banking practices.  You can file a complaint at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/