Complaint Review: Citicard

• Updated: Sun, September 05, 2010

• Reported By: Shirlbone — Alexandria Virginia United States of America
Citicard
P.O. Box 183113 Columbus, Ohio United States of America

Citicard raises finance charges to 29.99% for now reason and calling and harassing phone calls on the weekends all day and all night. Columbus, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Most Credit Card Companies Are Heavy Handed...

*Consumer Comment: WHY

First, they went up on my finance charges from 5% to 29.99 due to being late one payment and it continues to be that high percentage. Secondly, they are calling on the weekend especially heavily on Sunday for a payment after the was paid.

I asked the lady that call for their name but would ot give it up.  Then I asked her was it legal to call and they said yes, she said we are are open every day so they can call me anytime they want to. I dont think that is illegal and I am not that dumb.

Now what I want to know is this legal to right the raise the finance charges this high and can they call you on the weekend after they are told not to call.

Is it possible to sue for illegal practice in collecting a debt? If not, I would like to put in a Class Action against CitiCard somewhere so I appreciate someone letting know of one.

See, I know that I have that bill to pay but they constantly calling especially on a weekend. What can I do about this?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2009 03:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citicard/Columbus-Ohio-43218-3113/Citicard-raises-finance-charges-to-2999-for-now-reason-and-calling-and-harassing-phone-527261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citicard

Most Credit Card Companies Are Heavy Handed...

AUTHOR: Bman - (United States of America)

Many people have experienced what you have, and I personally have experienced the every day call every hour tactics as well. In my case my APR went up from about 11% to 29% due to a loss of work I experienced. The company I dealt with was BofA's FIA Credit Card Services, which one would expect to be more understanding since it is connected to a union account? None the less, the idea behind financial regulation was to stop some of the abuses and sadly it only touched the surface of the havoc credit cards are causing our country. I have to agree with the commenter when they stated that you should pay the amount and get un-entangled as soon as possible. If you get the courts involved you could loose the case and then be stuck with both bills and attorney fees!  There is a good documentary that spells out what banks are doing and their consequences named MAXED OUT. They make a profit on fees and predatory usury interest and not savings like what banks used to do. They make a fortune on the poor and know statistically the poor tend to pay more faithfully than the middle or higher classes so their goal is to establish a contemporary FIEFDOM. This is unfair, it is evil, and it is amoral yet is the law of the land. The best way you can fight this evil is to check and see what your politicians are doing and not to vote for those that are out of touch with people like you and me. Watch careful the regulation and bills that are being debated since not to do so is how this situation has been allowed to happen thanks to the political law of the land deregulation. Let your position be heard and do not listen to the naysayers that contaminate our power power is always in the hands of the people. Without us nothing moves forward. If we only care about ourselves, then there IS the problem. Banks cannot be trusted to regulate themselves when greed is possible.We must keep our eyes wide open and not look away anymore.

WHY

AUTHOR: JandJMommie - (USA)

They raised it because of the late payment which they are legally allowed to do.........for now. The calls you can not do anything about because they are the primary creditor NOT a 3rd party collector.Letters will not help either because only 3rd party collectors have to follow that law, not primary creditors. Suing would just make them mad and you would lose in the end anyways. Pay off you statement and don't look back! Good luck!