• Report: #203776

Complaint Review: Citicard

• Submitted: Mon, July 31, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, July 31, 2006

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
8725 W. Sahara Ave Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Citicard ripoff Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Suggestion: Car insurance?

Theft lie and cover up,

No one knows more about Citicards then I do they claim to be at The Lakes but they really are in Las Vegas, Nevada. My husband and I both worked for Citicards. We just upgraded his 1994 Acura into a race car it was beautiful. Brand new wheels, steering wheel, battery every thing in this car was brand new we spent our very last savings on it in the value of approximately 10K. Being young we just didn't know better. Four days before Christmas, he calls me in the middle of the night after his shift was over. He asked me where his car gone? I told him I don't know I just woke up. I told him to go ask the security guard there at Citibank. So he went ahead and asked they didn't know, we noticed there are several cameras up in the Citibank parking lot. We felt pretty safe with all those cameras which was a big mistake. That night security refused to look at the recording from those cameras the told my husband to come back tomorrow when management is there so they can both look at the recording. How ever he went back the next morning they told him they already looked at the recording from the camera and the thief was covered by a tree. When he asked to view the recording management refused to show it to my husband. No lead no case. Needless to say we where devastated that this happen four days before Christmas.. No lawyer would take our case against Citibank.

I took it in my own hands; I applied to work for them. No lead no case. I didn't get very far, but I did manage to ask around and car theft and car break in area big issue in the Citicards parking lot even though there supposedly are at least two security guards circling the parking lot every hour along with all the cameras. It is pretty hidden but I firmly believe it's an inside job.

Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2006 01:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citicard/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89117/Citicard-ripoff-Las-Vegas-Nevada-203776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citicard

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Car insurance?

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

OK you're young so let's review a few lessons about the way the world works which unfortunately you learned the hard way.

No one is required to guard your car while it's parked unless you have a contract with them to that effect.

"Tuner" cars are stolen often because there's a ready black market for those expensive parts.

Security cameras only see what the owner of the security cameras wants them to see, for example someone stealing from the company.

Car insurance only pays for the car's book value as if it were in stock condition. If you have added aftermarket options to the car you need to have a special addition to the policy and pay an extra premium to cover them.