Complaint Review: Citicards

• Submitted: Sat, June 16, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, June 19, 2007

• Reported By:Prescott Arizona
Citicards
citicards.com Sioux Falls, South Dakota U.S.A.

Citicards Denied my claim to not pay $853.19 to American Freight even though American Freight did not complete my shipment. Ripoff Sioux Falls South Dakota

*Author of original report: American Freight Companies (freightcenter.com) and Citicards

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: WRONG COMPANY!

I filed a claim with Citicards to not pay $853.19 to American Freight Co., because American Freight delivered only 8 of 28 boxes I shipped. They have lost the other boxes. Citicards insists that I pay anyway because the "quality" of services is what is disputed.

Maryanne
Prescott, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2007 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citicards/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57117/Citicards-Denied-my-claim-to-not-pay-85319-to-American-Freight-even-though-American-Frei-254946. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citicards

American Freight Companies (freightcenter.com) and Citicards

AUTHOR: Maryanne - (U.S.A.)

Let me clarify - that's American Freight Companies, based in Clearwater Florida (see freightcenter.com). They are a broker who schedules trucking companies for shipments. Their statement from the website: "American Freight Companies is committed to quality service and customer satisfaction". The service I received via phone from American Freight Companies was rude, insulting and unhelpful to me.The service I received from their brokered company Vitran Express (of Indianapolis) was incomplete, and in my opinion negligent. American Freight Companies was not the trucking company, but the broker, but they are the ones that I was to pay (through Citicards) for proper delivery for my shipment. It was up to them to pay Vitran Express who lost my shipment.

If their contracted shipper lost my belongings do you think I should have to pay for the service? I think American Freight Companies should take it up with Vitran Express if they do not get paid. I am appalled that Citicards is insisting that I pay, when I received only 8 boxes out of 28. Citicards says that it is a matter of quality of service, not quantity. The service still has not been completed, yet Citicards insists that I must pay the almost $900 bill, on top of losing some of my most valuable belongings. I don't want financial recompense, I want my belongings back.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

WRONG COMPANY!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

We are not the company you have done business with. I hope you are able to resolve your problem. Good Luck,

Steve Belford