Complaint Review: Citicards

• Submitted: Fri, April 27, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, April 27, 2012

• Reported By: Victoria — Smyrna Georgia United States of America

Citicards Citicards took over my bank payments deducting on a specific date, then punished me for paying late Internet, Internet

Fraud, plain and simple

I am unemployed and have not been successful in finding a job due to my advanced age of 61.
Last year I contacted Citicards customer service and they provided me with a payment plan of $275.00 per month wherein they took the money electronically out of my checking account on their designated date. I had no control over when they took the money.

This month they sent me a statement showing that I owe them $428.34 with a $25.00 late fee on 4/9/2012, even though they took my $275.00 payment on 4/6/2012 and increased my interest to 18.990%. Since they were responsible for
taking my money from my checking account, wouldn't it be their error not mine?

I think they are lying about the payment date to get around the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

Arguing with them proved fruitless. It was one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fight them, please let me know. It will be greatly appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2012 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citicards/internet/Citicards-Citicards-took-over-my-bank-payments-deducting-on-a-specific-date-then-punishe-874815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citicards