Complaint Review: Citifinancial Auto

• Submitted: Tue, June 02, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 02, 2009

• Reported By:East Newark New Jersey
Citifinancial Auto
citifanacialauto.com Coppell, Texas U.S.A.

Citifinancial Auto Totally Ignored after Total Loss Coppell Texas

I suffered a total loss of the financed vehicle on September 6th, 2008. After 2 months of waiting for the GAP insurance company to confirm whether they would pay or not I contacted Citifinancial for help in getting the insurance company to at least answer my call (a rip off report for another time).

I was told not to make payment until the matter with the insurance company was resolved. Further attempts to defer a payment or make payment arrangements while waiting for the insurance where met with the same "we can't do anything until the insurance company contacts us" Meanwhile I kept receiving late payment letters and phone calls constantly.

When the insurance finally faxed confirmation of the denial of claim, I again tried to take advantage of the wonderful options offered to me by Citifinancial on the letters I was receiving for being over due. I explained that I wanted to take option 4 which was to take the $9000 left after my primary insurance company paid them and spread it out over the remaining life of the loan (3 years).

I had called the payment center, I was told to call the insurance department, the insurance department said they had no idea why I was told to contact them and my call was transferred to the recovery department. The recovery department said I should have spoken to Payments, I explained I had, and they gave me another number to call. This went on for 2 hours.

After all that time I spoke with no one that was able to help, inform, or in any way be helpful. And the late payment phone calls and letters continued. All this after following THEIR advice to not make a normal monthly payment until after the insurance company has paid the claim.

Now, unemployed and without a vehicle they want $4000 in payments plus fees immediately. Every time I call the company my call is redirected, bandied about, and sometimes even disconnected. They've acknowledged that I was told to hold off payment until the insurance companies had paid but, they won't help me begin to make payments to them now that I want to eliminate this debt just not all at once. And they won't accept one months payment to get things on schedule or remove the fees their advice created.

After 6 months they have reported my account past due over 120 days on my credit report AND sent my account into collection. Wonderful costumer service.

Harry m
East Newark, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2009 02:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citifinancial-Auto/Coppell-Texas-75019/Citifinancial-Auto-Totally-Ignored-after-Total-Loss-Coppell-Texas-457580. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citifinancial Auto